Sign in to follow this  
akelley

Mobotix DualNight M24 and Dome D24?

Also, searching Google for "Mobotix S14" returns some sites that even claim to be selling it already (or at least taking orders).

The S14 is not currently shipping, but is expected to be released very soon. Don't believe release dates until it is officially announced by MBOTIX. One of the major draw cards for the S14 is its ability to stream dual hemispheric video. The S14's super tiny form factor will mean, it can be installed in areas with very little available space. Lenses stitched into clothing (e.g. military uniform and equipment), will be a reality.

Voipmodo and Simon, thanks for the update.

I like the ability for a more discrete installation. It's always been one drawback, in my opinion, that Mobotix cameras (aside from the q24) are just not aesthetically pleasing in many installations (retail, residential, SMB, etc.) - at least, that's what some of my clients say when they first see them. But feature for feature, they can't be beat (unless you only care about cost).

Buellwinkle, whatever info you can get from the road show, would be great. I hope you do a write up/review on your blog when you return!

Here is a spec sheet for the S14 that shows some of the lens module mounting options. I noticed it only mentions hemispheric lenses on the sheet.

616113889_S14Specslowres.thumb.jpg.f124539fe862af2dc915c88067776c14.jpg

The s14 will have the hemispheric len's at launch and the other lens options are set for Fall.

Launch is set for next week, and distribution should have stock anytime now. The S14d will have the two attached lens options, and the S14M will have the single on board lens which is designed for custom applications and hidden mounting.

Final MSRP on the S14M is $1098 and the S14D main unit is $948 and the lens modules are $448 each

If any installers are not already a Mobotix Partner and wants to know more info, feel free to send me a PM and we will be glad to help with any questions, or put you in touch with a BDM for your area.