ryeporta

Advice needed :: Installation in the Ship Yard (overseas)

Hi .. I got an request to design something in a shipyard and would like to seek some advise.

135053_1.gif

All dimensions in mm (1000mm = 1m = 3.3ft)

Scenario:

It is a shipyard where the client wanna monitor the fabrication yard. They wanted to have 3 outdoor PTZ viewing the external of the yard. 1 indoor camera to monitor the inside of the yard.

The client have various offices, in Singapore, in the USA and Europe. The management want to be able to monitor from these various countries, so a stable remote access is needed. The Site Office (Bottom right) currently has an exisitng internet infrastructure in place already.

The most tricky part is this:

This site is on an Island about 1hr boat ride away from mainland in a neighbouring country.

My questions:

1) Which a more ideal setup? The conventional cameras using RG59 cables or Wireless IP cameras.

2) How would u quote the client given that highly likely that I'll need to bring my installers to do a site survey and maybe even my network IT partners. Since it is really a little difficult to determine a lot of factors till we actually do a ground survey.

3) How would u solve the material issue? To find a local supplier or to ship all equipment locally and ship them in? This may include the cables, galvanised iron conduits etc

Naturally, the 2nd option will give us full control over the quality but will definitely increase the overall costs by quite a bit.

the resolution depends on your customers needs and how much they want to spend.

you can use analog PTZ or IP PTZ over rg59 (they make a rg59 to twisted pair converter). I would stay away from wireless due to the setup and maintenance issues (interference, antennas, line of sight, nature).

You need to see the site first before you can bid correctly.

Again, as for materials you will need to go onsite, see what you need, how much you need. while you are there, maybe someone there can show you a local supplier.