TomDReid

Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2 Question - Deleting Videos

Hi Everyone,

I hope I have found the right forum, and more importantly, the right area to post this question.

So, hopefully, this is a simple one!

I have a Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2, we received it from a school a couple of weeks ago. All I want to know is how to delete (format?) all the recordings on the device - removing all the questionable/sensitive data without removing the OS (if thats what you call it). I'd really like to be able to do this without network or serial interfaces.

If it helps, I have the V 3.1 firmware.

I've been through all the menus, the manual, and searched this forum, not turning up anything.

What do you think?

Cheers in advance,

Tom

Hi Everyone,

I hope I have found the right forum, and more importantly, the right area to post this question.

So, hopefully, this is a simple one!

I have a Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2, we received it from a school a couple of weeks ago. All I want to know is how to delete (format?) all the recordings on the device - removing all the questionable/sensitive data without removing the OS (if thats what you call it). I'd really like to be able to do this without network or serial interfaces.

If it helps, I have the V 3.1 firmware.

I've been through all the menus, the manual, and searched this forum, not turning up anything.

What do you think?

Cheers in advance,

Tom

Hi with a DM part of its O/S is on the H/D now if this is not a dvr you know about i would just say add some cameras and let it record over ... set everything at its highest and it should be clear in a few days

Thankyou for your speed reply.

I don't currently have any cameras, and would really like to find a way of deleting the videos / images.

I'd like to hear from anyone with any other ideas.

Thankyou,

Tom

Thankyou for your speed reply.

I don't currently have any cameras, and would really like to find a way of deleting the videos / images.

I'd like to hear from anyone with any other ideas.

Thankyou,

Tom

the problem you are going to have is. you are asking for a way to reset your dvr. you will not find that info on the forum. and if you dont have cameras you could use then you are also not an installer (dont know of any installers who does not have cameras) and you dont have the master password or you would see files.

Hi again,

None of the passwords are set - I appear to be able to access everything in the recorder (including the password settings - where it says none set).

I do have the hardware to hook up another video source to one of the inputs, but this really doesn't strike me as at all elegant.

If I could use just hyperterminal, and halt at the bootloader I may be able to find a serial cable? Any instructions for this?

Still on the hunt for more ideas . . .

Cheers once more,

Tom

Maybe remove the hard drive, connect it to a computer and delete the video files (leaving all other files alone)? Seems like this should be simple, quick & easy. I would make an image of the drive first, just in case a mistake was made.

Simple solution. In the INSTaller menu there is an option for timed expiry. This will not allow the user to view any video after a certain time period e.g 1 hour. Set this to 1 hour. Fit a camera with a lens cap on, or no lens. Leave for 1 hour. Disable timed expiry. You will now only see the last hours of footage of basically nothing. Remember to turn timed expiry off or the DVR will record only for an hour...!!

Let us know how it goes.