jeffpack1957

ExtremeCCTV REGL1 problems?

I've had mine for 4 years now, and about to go back for repair again.

A year ago the IR went out on it, and just this morning, it did it again.

Tech Support wasnt much help, and repair guys weren't either. Last time was under warranty, I guess this time it wont be.

I'd rather not keep fixing it, if its going to continue to be a problem, as every one of these times costs me a couple hundred bucks to have the camera pulled, and put back in again later.

Do you mean the Infrared isnt coming on?

Do you know if the Infrared works, was it tested yet with just power to it?

Could be the photocell, not switching over to night mode. I had several EX82s from a batch in 2007 where all but 1 needed the photocell replaced so far. It is easy to change in the EX82s but not sure about in the Reg camera. It was just a small 2 conductor wire run to the small photocell, so basically if you can find anything else like that, should be able to tie it into that without having to go back to Bosch now.

there is no photo cell for the RegL1's, the IR is on 24x7, its the only way the unit even works.

The IR reflectivity of the plate is what the camera catches. No IR, no picture.

It doesnt need the IR in the daytime though, capturing licence plates in the day is no problem for most cameras, its the night where they are useful. Ive used them and it was just a BW picture in the day, no IR that I could see. I cant remember if the IR was on though.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

I cant remember if the IR was on though.

Thanks for posting the images. Not absolutely certain, but I think the IR leds are on all the time. If the IR leds fail, I suppose there could be sufficient ambient IR for them to work during the day. Either way, the cameras have an IR bandpass filter to block the visible spectrum of the headlights.

Best,

Christopher

I've had mine for 4 years now, ...

Which lens did you get? What do you think is the maximum field width in which the plate is still readable?

Best,

Christopher

If there is enough sun, it will work without the IR, if not, you wont get anything. But the IR is on 24x7.

So as I said, they are totally reliant upon reflectivity, and this is straight from extreme.

I've had mine for 4 years now, ...

Which lens did you get? What do you think is the maximum field width in which the plate is still readable?

Best,

Christopher

16mm, I'm running actually a wider field than extreme recommends, and then zoom the image.

15-20 is their setting, I'm and around 25ft I think.