keefe007

Accudome Cameras

Intellicam supplies the Accudomes to WorldEyeCam. Actually the li ACD-200DN dome model has been used by some of our customers who swear by it. Its cheap too. I have seen the quality and I have to say it is not too bad. Im not big on 12V cameras but at that price it is a decent camera for a smal retail store that likes domes.

scottj

24vac cameras can be line-locked to sync the cameras between switching.

12vdc cameras can't be line-locked. With digital recorders providing time base correction, the sync isn't quite as important as it once was, but if you're doing real time switching, it will get rid of the hiccup between images.

they look gawd awful though, looks like they are made in china like from one of those Sunjin places ..also cheap bullets are better images than cheap domes .. normally ..

good luck, becuase ive had none with cheap indoor domes, ive given up on them, i just use the cheap bullets for cheap cameras now, or the cheap vandal resistant domes that can be used outdoors for clients that really need a dome.

On that subject i have 2 cheap indoor domes here now, id rather dive to the bottom of the ocean and bury them in an ocean cave somewhere, than to put them up at my clients property!! Thats how bad they look .. and oh, they are CCD ..bty Ive used other more expensive indoor domes and they were much better .. still no dome can compete with a decent box camera .. except the domes cant be moved as easy.

That depends, no manufacturer makes all great cameras. But the Provideos are very good, they are OEMs from Asia but they select some great cameras for their HEAT line, and their BW CVC-325s are great also. Not all of their bullets are great though, you have to test them to know which is which. Just like the cheap eclipse color bullet I have, better than any indoor dome ive used or seen used. Alot of their other bullets look like crap also, and their indoor domes are even worse, their vandal resist domes arent near as good as the bullet also. Ive seen $300 domes that cant match this bullet, and im sure this isnt the Only good OEM bullet, its just finding one that does look good. Its still low res and EI so its not great, but compared to the indoor cheap domes, it is much better.

Basically if you want a great bullet camera look at the provideo HEAT line, if you want color. They also have some great BW Bullets, this 325 i have hear has been running for 4 years now, and been on through hurricanes also, and its not that expensive.

I've got the WACD-200DN. I've got it over looking the parking lot at my apartment, to keep an eye on my car (had it broken into one too many times). I am pleased with it, but then again I am only using it for personal use, not professional.

At night it auto-switches to b/w as you know, and while it has some snow, etc... its still good enough for me to see whats going on.