Sign in to follow this  
johnwuk

cop ptz problem

Hi all

anyone had a problem with a cop 15-cd53 ptz,problem is put power to camera starts its self check and will not stop,have cheked in manual done it all still the same, driving me nuts,

any help please,

jw

ps, its on the bench near controler, all cables are about 4ft, power supp all good,

Hi all

anyone had a problem with a cop 15-cd53 ptz,problem is put power to camera starts its self check and will not stop,have cheked in manual done it all still the same, driving me nuts,

any help please,

jw

ps, its on the bench near controler, all cables are about 4ft, power supp all good,

Hi john. when the camera is doing its start-up tour do you see an image on screen ???

For troubleshooting purposes, try removing the RS-485 + & - wires to see if that makes it stop. Just run power and video the camera. This will determine if its a bad communication problem between your controller and camera.

Hi Sean

have just tried that still the same i let it run for 20 min, powerd up again and still same ?

jw

Hi yes image is perfect

jw

Hi jw. that camera is sold by most companys its not just cop. they are good cameras. if you remove the dome cover and then remove the black plastic cover that is protecting the camera and under that you will see two sensors 1 for camera (on camera body) and another on the outer ring were you removed the cover. if your camera starts a tour and does not stop then it will be the outerring sensor cant find it nutral postion.

move the camera ring by hand till sensors are in line and undo them and move them closer to gether. and see if that helps.

Hi tomcctv

ok have just reset the sensor closer together still the same,,,,,,,

thanks

jw

hi jw. have you done both ??? also check the ribon lead that comes from camera housing

Hi tomcctv

ok just cheked all seems ok, the cam sensor cant be adjusted it is part of the casting and part is plastic and cant adjust,

trouble heare in uk if your not trade you cant get to the tech dept

thanks

jw

Hi tomcctv

ok just cheked all seems ok, the cam sensor cant be adjusted it is part of the casting and part is plastic and cant adjust,

trouble heare in uk if your not trade you cant get to the tech dept

thanks

jw

just pm you

Hi John,, did you get it sorted ?

I have the same PTZ and also having problems finding info.

If you need any voltage readings off the circuit board, I will look on mine.

My PTZ unit is OK, but the CZ55HM camera is a bit poorly.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

not sorted yet going to get a controller from a mate and give that a go see if i can set it back to factory settings, not sure on the price for repair but as its new may be worth it,

john

Did it come with a warranty? I would send it back and ask for a replacement if so. To be honest, it sounds defective.

Hi Sean,

no warranty, came from a auction house,item is brand new but box not sealed,as i am not a dealer but end user cop hear in uk wont even let me speak with the tech dept,

but will try with a couple of repair shops and get a price, for the price i paid for it its worth spending £100 or so if the can fix,

jw