SpyGuy10

What are pros/cons of mounting a cam on an arm vs on wall?

I have a CNB vandal-resistant dome cam and I have CNB's wall mount bracket:

136569_1.jpg

I could also mount the cam directly to the vertical wall. This is an exterior application with full exposure to the elements. I think the arm mount (with the cam inverted) would provide better protection from rain, dirt, bird poop, etc. It may also be better for reducing solar glare on the dome. But the direct wall mount would be more discrete in appearance.

Any advice appreciated.

I tried vertical on a pole with direct exposure and first heavy rain it got moisture inside.

Dont know yet if it was just the one I got, but it was brand new.

Also any little rain and you cant see much.

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I was thinking when I ordered the bracket, but then I was wondering if it was necessary. You've confirmed that it's recommended. I'll use the bracket.

Only time I've used these kind of brackets for fixed (non-PTZ) cameras, they were a royal PITA and ended up being more trouble later (granted, these were Areconts, not CNBs). We've always just gone direct wall-mount, never had a problem. I suppose the bracket helps protect from birds (then again, it gives them something else to sit on), but as often as not around here, rain is accompanied by wind, so water still gets on the dome.

One disadvantage to the bracket, as well: it makes the camera more susceptible to damage or theft - toss a rope over it and give a good tug and you have yourself a nice new camera.

i am not seeing a wall mount for this camera. I would look into a gooseneck with standard pipe thread you should be able to adapt to the pano with off the shelf stuff. Tape/seal etc the heck out of it

With the cnb camera armor domes, or any outdoor dome for that matter, when you mount directly to the wall as opposed to using a bracket, can you see directly down or across the wall? For example, is anything out of your line of sight by wall mounting? Does the 3-axis gimble allow for enough play to not miss anything?

Depends entirely on the dome. I've seen some that won't get closer than 15-degrees to the wall, and some that would look back down at the wall.

I think it was a manufacturing defect, but my copy of the Samsung SVD-4400 would not look down a wall if wall mounted (or towards the horizon if ceiling mounted). I corrected this problem with a Dremel by grinding the button stops that were stamped into the sheet metal support brackets. FWIW.

Best,

Christopher

Regarding wall mounts, is there a wall mount for the Panasonic WV-NP502?

Best,

Christopher

Thats the box camera... are you asking about the WV-NW502 - which is the dome camera version? If so then yes. It's the PWM484S gooseneck mount.

Thats the box camera... are you asking about the WV-NW502 - which is the dome camera version? If so then yes. It's the PWM484S gooseneck mount.

Yes, I meant the dome. Thanks!

Best,

Christopher

I have a problem trying to source a wall mount bracket for an external vp..........the diameter of the base is 160mm. I cannot seem to find anything suitable anywhere, does anyone have any suggestions as to a solution. This would be greatly appreciated.

whats the camera make/model? Do you have a picture of the camera?

Armed with either/or, I may be able to find another company who has that camera who has a mount for it.