Sign in to follow this  
duffmckagan

CCTV Design for Mall

Hi,

This is my first post in this Forum!!

I am into designing a CCTV system for a mall where there are two buildings and the total number of cameras frozen is around 110 - with a mix of PTZ, fixed box type with VF lens and 22x zoom fixed box type cameras.

The CMS is going to be in Building no. 2

In the first building (building1) there are around 60 cameras. Accordingly I would connect the cameras to multiple DVRs and get their feeds to an L2 switch through their Networking ports which will be further transmitted to the switch in building2 via OFC.

The cabling distance between the two buildings is around 200 mtrs.

In the building where the CMS is hosted (building2) , there are again a series of DVRs which shall be connected to an L3 switch (with another input coming from the L2 switch of building1 (via OFC)).

Now, i need a software which shall be able to see the feeds from all the cameras (via the DVRs). The number of workstation PCs need to be controlled with the maximum no. of LCds connected to them.

Also, a specific requirement of the client is that in case any cam needs to be zoomed in / viewed seperately, that should happen on a different LCd (specially kept for that purpose).

Another special requirement is that a straight distance of around 500 mtrs on the periphery of the mall needs to be covered -- I had suggested a couple of 36x PTZ cameras for the same - but the client is insisting that it would be better if that is done with a single camera.

Please advise.

Kindly let me know if any more information is required.

Regards,

D

Hello,

I would recommend a NVR instead of a DVR system.

Or you should keep the system total analog with matrixes etc.

If you let the video stream from the DVRs into the network the video will be compressed a lot with most types of DVRs.

This means that image quality at the view PCs will not be hi-end and the PTZ control will be slow.

There are many DVR systems with software who can handle more DVRs in one screen but my experience over the years is that the system will be slow compared to a full analog system.

With a full IP NVR system you also have the ability to use multicast transmission. (L3 switch)

So far the best NVR system i've seen comes from a Canadian software manufacturer.

Greets

Electryko

K
Hello' date='

So far the best NVR system i've seen comes from a canadian software manufacturer.

Greets

Electryko[/quote']

Care to share?

Genetec Inc ?

Care to share?

Yes Omnicast from Genetec.

I've worked on a system where we had 12 clients online.

We tested what happens if 12 clients with administrator rights were configuring and using the system at the same time.

It just didn't want to crash, only if we created timeless loops for the event database we got the system down.

In a real system this will not happen.

The camera's stream directly to the clients (multicast) and not via the server. Another great feature is that when you look at a layout of more than one camera the system asks the camera's for a lower quality videostream automaticly and again the processor load is goes down.

This is why the system keeps running fast.

The possibilities with Omnicast are unbelievable.

If you wish to connect 50000 IP cams worldwide, no problem.

You only need money.

Greets,

Electryko