SpyGuy10

I need recommendations for PC-based DVR/software

I'm installing a security system in a small, private airport. We're starting with the main gate, pilot's lounge, and main office, but will probably expand to other areas of the airport later on. Right now, I have five cam locations mapped out and the cabling is installed. I'll be using CNB VCB-34VF, VCB-24VF, and VCM-24VF dome cameras. I still need to select a DVR solution. Originally, we were going to go with a standalone DVR device, but after reading advice in these forums, I'm now convinced that a PC-based system would be better. But I'm not sure which system to go with.

The set-up we are planning has all the video cables routed to a secure utility room in the main hangar where the PC-based DVR would be located and connected to the main office local area network. The security video should be viewable on the office network computers, as well as remotely over the Internet. I'd like to be able to record in the best quality possible for the cameras; it would also be good to have an upgrade path to a hybrid analog/IP-cam system.

Price is certainly a factor: the hardware and software (not including the PC or Windows) for recording at least 5 channels should be in the $1,000 range.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the NUUO SCB-7008. Does anyone have any experience with this system? Any other recommendations?

I'm installing a security system in a small, private airport. We're starting with the main gate, pilot's lounge, and main office, but will probably expand to other areas of the airport later on. Right now, I have five cam locations mapped out and the cabling is installed. I'll be using CNB VCB-34VF, VCB-24VF, and VCM-24VF dome cameras. I still need to select a DVR solution. Originally, we were going to go with a standalone DVR device, but after reading advice in these forums, I'm now convinced that a PC-based system would be better. But I'm not sure which system to go with.

The set-up we are planning has all the video cables routed to a secure utility room in the main hangar where the PC-based DVR would be located and connected to the main office local area network. The security video should be viewable on the office network computers, as well as remotely over the Internet. I'd like to be able to record in the best quality possible for the cameras; it would also be good to have an upgrade path to a hybrid analog/IP-cam system.

Price is certainly a factor: the hardware and software (not including the PC or Windows) for recording at least 5 channels should be in the $1,000 range.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the NUUO SCB-7008. Does anyone have any experience with this system? Any other recommendations?

Hi spyguy. the problem is your price. and you also have the problem of the nature of the install. ok its a private airport but it is still classed as a high risk area. so if you are going to be the installer i would look at getting the best images possable. since you have cameras already fitted i would agree on going hybrid so as you can go ip also. its costs more than your budget but i would look at the avermedia sa 9000 pro. its has some good features that will suit a small airport . i.e will take a photo of everyone going though a secure area / auto tracking ptz controls. (not many places you can use auto trackers in a normal install but a quiet airport it will work well)

and unlike the nuuo you will not need ip camera licence for each camera.

Hi spyguy. the problem is your price. and you also have the problem of the nature of the install. ok its a private airport but it is still classed as a high risk area. so if you are going to be the installer i would look at getting the best images possable. since you have cameras already fitted i would agree on going hybrid so as you can go ip also. its costs more than your budget but i would look at the avermedia sa 9000 pro. its has some good features that will suit a small airport . i.e will take a photo of everyone going though a secure area / auto tracking ptz controls. (not many places you can use auto trackers in a normal install but a quiet airport it will work well) and unlike the nuuo you will not need ip camera licence for each camera.

Thanks for the info. But I don't see the advantage of the Avermedia over the NUUO. True, you pay for additional software licensing for the NUUO to add IP cameras, but let's do an apples-to-apples comparison:

NUUO SCB-7008 (8-ch analog card) + 8-ch IP software license: $1,000 + $1,060 = $2,060

AVerDiGi SA9000ePRO (16-ch mixed analog/IP): $3,439.00

So comparing 16-channels of mixed analog/IP, the Aver system will cost almost $1,400 more, even after paying for the NUUO IP camera licensing. And since we don't have any IP cameras at this time, I can start with the NUUO analog card for just $1,000 and then add more capability later as needed.

From what I can tell, NUUO's software is feature-rich and is comparable in capability to the Avermedia system.

But I'm not yet set on the NUUO; I'm still seeking more recommendations and feedback.

Hi spyguy. the problem is your price. and you also have the problem of the nature of the install. ok its a private airport but it is still classed as a high risk area. so if you are going to be the installer i would look at getting the best images possable. since you have cameras already fitted i would agree on going hybrid so as you can go ip also. its costs more than your budget but i would look at the avermedia sa 9000 pro. its has some good features that will suit a small airport . i.e will take a photo of everyone going though a secure area / auto tracking ptz controls. (not many places you can use auto trackers in a normal install but a quiet airport it will work well) and unlike the nuuo you will not need ip camera license for each camera.

Thanks for the info. But I don't see the advantage of the Avermedia over the NUUO. True, you pay for additional software licensing for the NUUO to add IP cameras, but let's do a comparison:

NUUO SCB-7008 (8-ch analog card) + 8-ch IP software license: $1,000 + $1,060 = $2,060

AVerDiGi SA9000ePRO (16-ch mixed analog/IP): $3,439.00

From what I can tell, NUUO's software is feature-rich and is comparable in capability to the Avermedia system.

nuuo has nothing like what the avers can do as far as features go. and the price differance is the SCB-7008 is software comp and the avers is hardware comp.

nuuo has nothing like what the avers can do as far as features go. and the price differance is the SCB-7008 is software comp and the avers is hardware comp.

Actually, the NUUO SCB-7008 uses H.264 hardware compression. The Aver does have MPEG4 hardware compression, which AFAIK is slightly superior to H.264 compression in terms of image quality.

I did err by not adding in the cost of the PC for the NUUO solution in my price comparison.

Could you please list specific features that the Aver system does that NUUO cannot do?

16 Channel real time H.264 hardware encoding cards exist from NetvisionDVR. Software is hybrid with no additional cost up to 64 cameras (analogue + IP).

It has a remote client, iPhone client and Android client. The whole package is WAY below 1000$. It's chinese, but I have it and I am very happy with it.