Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

NVR for demo

I would like to set up a NVR for demos. I have pana,sanyo, acti cameras and would like to show the customer side by side comparisons. Storage doesent need to be much as these cameras would only run for a couple of days. I am thinking 4 cams are probably enough. Is this the way to demo or do you just get a big flatscreen and hook directly into it? The problem i see with that is they will get a recorded picture that is somewhat different from the live view if it is compressed at all. Is there anything on the market that allows you to swap out cameras without buying a new license for each camera? In other words if I have 4 camera capability can I use any 4 cameras?

Thanks

I would like to set up a NVR for demos. I have pana,sanyo, acti cameras and would like to show the customer side by side comparisons. Storage doesent need to be much as these cameras would only run for a couple of days. I am thinking 4 cams are probably enough. Is this the way to demo or do you just get a big flatscreen and hook directly into it? The problem i see with that is they will get a recorded picture that is somewhat different from the live view if it is compressed at all. Is there anything on the market that allows you to swap out cameras without buying a new license for each camera? In other words if I have 4 camera capability can I use any 4 cameras?

Thanks

Hi jeromephone.

i have 4 sanyo 3500 on one of these. customer loves the quality. no licence for any ip camera.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=203

Exacq will let you run up to the number of channel licenses you have purchased.

It licenses against the MAC of the server it is installed on (purchase the licenses and give them the MAC of the server, and they give you the licensing key#).

It does not require any licensing changes for cameras, just delete one camera and setup another one.

It's performance requirements are low enough that you can run four cameras on just about any computer you have laying around.

Thanks

Hi jeromephone.

i have 4 sanyo 3500 on one of these. customer loves the quality. no licence for any ip camera.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=203

You can only run 720P h.264 and live view on the DVR monitor is low frame rate. Just installed one other wise they are a very nice unit.