AVInstaller

Any suggestions for a high quality low lux color ip camera

Looking for a highquality color ip camera with good low lux capabilities without IR support, but with audio support.......Will be using it as a type of (nanny cam) in my babies room for my father to share the enjoyment of watching my daughter get tucked in at night.....sounds cheesy, but my father is 1,500 miles away, and enjoys watching me read stories to my daughter at bedtime with the audio support from the cheap ip camera I currently use.....there is always some type of light on in the room, so not total darkness.....I would like it to work with any browser if possible, and mobile phone, but no recording capabilities are necessary......the room is about 13' x 15' if that helps......I am currently using a foscam 8908, which is no longer cutting it for me......poe support is helpful as well, and I dont mind paying a little bit for the camera, if it serves its purpose.......

Thanks in advance for any recommendations....

Possibly an AXIS 1054, or an Acti TCM-4301?...There specs show low lux color capable, but not enough sample video to support the claims........maybe an AXIS M1114, although no included audio support I believe?

M1114 is supposed to have good low light color capability but no audio. I have a TCM-4301. It's ok but not great but it does have audio and for the price the performance is good.

Possibly an AXIS 1054, or an Acti TCM-4301?...There specs show low lux color capable, but not enough sample video to support the claims........maybe an AXIS M1114, although no included audio support I believe?

M1114 is supposed to have good low light color capability but no audio. I have a TCM-4301. It's ok but not great but it does have audio and for the price the performance is good.

thanks for the response, have you used the audio on the 4301?....can you view live video and audio from a standard web browser, or do you need special software?

I dont use audio on my cameras to avoid any potential legal issues plus for my purposes I do not need it. I think you can view it from internet explorer. I dont know about the audio. Check ACTI's website out.

thanks for the response, have you used the audio on the 4301?....can you view live video and audio from a standard web browser, or do you need special software?

how about any of the higher end panasonic BB series cameras that claim low lux "color night vision"......there seem to be mixed reviews for these cams, but it would look a little more fitting in a babies room vs. a dome or bullet/box etc.....i think the 735 series is capable of megapixel streams?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11322&p=129053&hilit=m1114#p129053

There is also a day time comparison shot as well. Personally, I liked the Axis picture better.

how about any of the higher end panasonic BB series cameras that claim low lux "color night vision"......there seem to be mixed reviews for these cams, but it would look a little more fitting in a babies room vs. a dome or bullet/box etc.....i think the 735 series is capable of megapixel streams?

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11322&p=129053&hilit=m1114#p129053

There is also a day time comparison shot as well. Personally, I liked the Axis picture better.

Except neither is under low lighting.

Yeah, I followed that thread as well.....the panasonic seems to be a strange camera, giving almost a colorless picture....Ive checked a few streams that dont show very good motion for some reason, even with good lighting. I have been trying to find some footage from the Panasonic BB-HCM581A, which has the PTZ and 21x optical zoom.....I believe its only VGA, but a few youtube vids proved pretty clear video.....it is pricey, but if it is good in low light, I may be interested......