G22

WD Raptor 10k SATA HD

Anyone used these? I am wondering if it is worth to have say a 10k 36GB Raptor (although a little small in size) as the Primary HD, and have regular 7200 RPM SATA's for storage... or just 7200's all around.

There is also the Seagate HD's w/NCQ (7200.8?) which looks decent. Pros/Cons? Thx.

Actually, I think I will go with the Seagate NCQ's. Those 10k WD Raptor's are too small and expensive.

Already ordered the 10k Raptor. The pricing I was given was for a pair of them so it seemed expensive.

System so far...

- Antec SLK3000B Mid Tower Case

- ASUS P5WD2 Premium MB (955X chipset)

- Intel 3.4GHz 650 2MB S775 CPU

- BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC 128MB PCI-E Video Card

- 1 x 73GB 10k WD Raptor SATA, 3 x 300GB Seagate SATA

- Antec TP2 EPS12V 550W PSU

- 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC2-5300

- Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU cooler

Although primarily for CCTV... when not recording I can use it for other things.

Edited by Guest

Either I-view or Video Insight whenever I get some more $$$. Geez, might have to sell the Glock

I prefer the US based software/support with Video Insight... but their prices are way too high for what I need unfortunately.

Well, you do have US based support from I-VIEW, either thru me or The US office in NY.

The thing is that video insight and i-view are two different types of dvr systems.i cannot say anything bad about video insight (thomas would kill me ), just that they have a different approach.

When you say different DVR systems... what you mean exactly?

BTW, I just ordered some Ballistix RAM from Crucial. They have the fastest order processing and shipping I have ever seen, even on weekends. The last time I ordered Crucial RAM for my laptop, it was the same experience. Even being in Canada, it only took a few days. On the other hand, I have been waiting a week now for my video card, and that is from a store in Ontario.

EDIT: I just checked my Crucial order again... and it is now in Mississauga, ON and I just ordered yesterday @ 3:30pm. Amazing. I highly recommend them.

so you ordered from uk or us??

they dont sell DDR Ram at your local PC store??

Darn even down here in the 3rd world I can get any ram I need. ..

US store.

Sure, there is plenty of crappy generic RAM from local computer stores, that is not what I wanted though.

The last DDR RAM I picked up at a local store was Azenram or something, and one didn't work properly. I never buy RAM locally again unless they carry a brand such as Crucial, OCZ, or Corsair.

Edited by Guest

no ...

i take whatever ram they have, never had a problem.

anyway, now we just goto www.tigerdirect.com and order built to order systems from systemmax, they work great.

no, i spend 22/7 on CCTV

i can build a PC, but i rather not waste what couple hours a day i have left . ..

I guess im lucky tiger is so close to us, they have everything you need.

How bout 1 1/2 hours of sleep and 1/2 hour dedicated to computer building?

How bout 1 1/2 hours of sleep and 1/2 hour dedicated to computer building?

hmmmm ...

Personally I like how the Emerald City folk do it. Get up at 12 and start to work at 1. An hour for lunch, and then at 2 their done. Jolly good fun!