eduardorr52

gv-800 8.3 desperatly need help

so i have this card and i can connect one type of camera to it and i get picture, now when i try to hook up a different camera i get no picture. tried all 8 ports all i get is video lost.

if i use this camera

[edit by mod-store link removed]

i get no picture just video lost. (if i hook this camera up to a tv works fine) so its not the camera.

now if i use this camera

i get video perfect.

i tried with my dvd player and it works fine.

just seems with that one type of camera i cant get it to work.

now you might ask why not just use the other camera well i was using the wolfcam card before with a 16 camera system and have the 812h cameras so i dont want to re-buy all 16 if those are suppose to work.

background;

tried it on 3 different PCs no luck

tried changing to pal and ntsc no luck

the card works with all other types of cameras

Thanks so much

It could be a really low quality CMOS camera with a low signal.

Geo needs a good signal, if the signal is low it will still show on a TV or monitor, but not always the DVR.

Just a thought. I never used a camera that didnt work though.

If you plug it in right at the DVR does it still not show?

so i have this card and i can connect one type of camera to it and i get picture, now when i try to hook up a different camera i get no picture. tried all 8 ports all i get is video lost.

if i use this camera

i get no picture just video lost. (if i hook this camera up to a tv works fine) so its not the camera.

now if i use this camera

i get video perfect.

i tried with my dvd player and it works fine.

just seems with that one type of camera i cant get it to work.

now you might ask why not just use the other camera well i was using the wolfcam card before with a 16 camera system and have the 812h cameras so i dont want to re-buy all 16 if those are suppose to work.

background;

tried it on 3 different PCs no luck

tried changing to pal and ntsc no luck

the card works with all other types of cameras

Thanks so much

it looks like a power problem over distance. .. what size power supply are you using ???

im using the specified power supply 200ma all these cameras work fine over the distance if i use the wolfcam card but i just hate their software i love the geovision but cant get it to work on geo

im using the specified power supply 200ma all these cameras work fine over the distance if i use the wolfcam card but i just hate their software i love the geovision but cant get it to work on geo

just looked at your spec post ..... camera / power supply/cable $25.

those cameras are going to give your problems. your power supply is too small for a start. for that distance

I would use a better power supply and see if it helps, 500ma is cheap to buy. The other card may have been more forgiving with a weak signal. You could try connect it directly to the DVR though to double check first. If that works, get some RG59 siamese and use that instead of that DIY cable, as well as the larger or at least better Power Supply.

just looked at your spec post ..... camera / power supply/cable $25.

those cameras are going to give your problems. your power supply is too small for a start. for that distance

Yep at that price they are throwing in the cheapest stuff they can get their hands on, thats why it has to be a 1/4" Sharp chip in that camera also.

so i tried with a different power supply one 1000ma 500ma and no luck i tried with a direct component cable end from the camera to the dvr card about 6 feet long no luck get a black screen on the channel for a second followed by the video lost. any other ideas??? please please thanks so much

Quick check. Go to Configure > Tools > Video Signal Diagnostics and disable the Video Signal Weak Watchdog. Go to the far left icon and restart Geovision using last settings. See if you get any signal at all from this camera. Probably be on the noisy side.

Edited by Guest