Sign in to follow this  
survtech11

Pelco Spectra IV PTZ Control question

I have a Pelco Spec IV camera that I cannot control. The camera has picture on the monitors, and the control wire is uninterrupted from the camera all the way to the Code Distribution Unit.

When I try to control the camera using a Pelco CM9760-KBD, the screen flickers, but will not allow me to control the camera. The camera is brand new out of the box, as is the back box/PCB. The control wire is a shielded pair that runs into a twisted pair/punchdown block where it travels to the CDU. The distance isn't an issue, as I have other PTZs coming from the same location

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Pelco Spec IV camera that I cannot control. The camera has picture on the monitors, and the control wire is uninterrupted from the camera all the way to the Code Distribution Unit.

When I try to control the camera using a Pelco CM9760-KBD, the screen flickers, but will not allow me to control the camera. The camera is brand new out of the box, as is the back box/PCB. The control wire is a shielded pair that runs into a twisted pair/punchdown block where it travels to the CDU. The distance isn't an issue, as I have other PTZs coming from the same location

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hi. i would start at looking at the power ........... if you move the controls to move the ptz and the picture starts to flicker or go off. is a good indication that there is not enough power to run camera and move it.

It's run to a 24v controller.... no more than 15 feet from the camera using 16ga wire.

Hi survtech how many cameras are on the power unit and what amp is it.

Make certain your twisted-pair is connected correctly. Try reversing (+) and (-) control wires. Make sure you are connecting to Rx at the back box. Make certain you have set the correct address set on the camera.....

Make certain your twisted-pair is connected correctly. Try reversing (+) and (-) control wires. Make sure you are connecting to Rx at the back box. Make certain you have set the correct address set on the camera.....

The connections were checked and tested with the (+) and (-) both ways on the Rx on the back box. Both ways they are hooked up result in the same thing... when I try to control the camera through the KBD, the screen flickers a little like it's receiving some type of signal, but isn't responding to it. The camera's address and the protocol (Pelco P) are verified to match the PSM file on the System Manager. The port# on the camera's entry on the PSM file also matches the port# on the CDU to which the control wires are connected.

The connections were checked and tested with the (+) and (-) both ways on the Rx on the back box. Both ways they are hooked up result in the same thing... when I try to control the camera through the KBD, the screen flickers a little like it's receiving some type of signal, but isn't responding to it. The camera's address and the protocol (Pelco P) are verified to match the PSM file on the System Manager. The port# on the camera's entry on the PSM file also matches the port# on the CDU to which the control wires are connected.

No any ideas, except you connect control wires to UTP video output + - on dome... Normally screen doesnt flicker, when you control dome.

Output number on CDU-T doesnt care, all outputs are "parallel", just for star cabling. Also, do not forget about baud-rate- should be 4800 for P protocol.

You should not see any "flickering" in the video when using RS422/485 control. You might check your power, control and video connections at the back box. I've seen some issues with cables shorting when the flip-down door is closed. I've also seen problems when one leg of the 24VAC power line gets grounded (it should be floating reference to ground). The same applies to the control cable pair. Both wires should be "floating" with respect to ground.

Is this a Endura system? Is it a analog spectra or IP? If analog what model encoder are you using? The reason I am asking about the encoder is because net5404t (h.264) are not capable of pelco P. Only D or coaxitron. You have to use a code translator inconjunction with the 5404.