bpzle

LPR at up to 40mph

Wanted to see what analog cams you guys were using for license plate capture...

I have a particular application that calls for little to zero light, day AND night capture, capture of front mounted plates, on vehicles traveling 10-40mph.

Camera will be mounted 8' high, at 75' from target area.

Wanted to see what analog cams you guys were using for license plate capture...

I have a particular application that calls for little to zero light, day AND night capture, capture of front mounted plates, on vehicles traveling 10-40mph.

Camera will be mounted 8' high, at 75' from target area.

Citysync or NDI

Regards

Ilkie

Thanks for the reply!

It looks like that's all UK specific stuff though. Couldn't find anything on where to buy in US...

i use the SK-P500 camera its the only camera i have found that will do the job. and as Huviron also make this camera for bosh and panisonic you can also use the bosh REG Sentry data collection box.

Thanks for the reply!

It looks like that's all UK specific stuff though. Couldn't find anything on where to buy in US...

NDI is a US company and Citysync are a UK company that has recently been purchased by Image Sensing Systems in the States.

If you have any problems with contacts let me know and I will sort this out from the UK end.

Both offer only high end systems that are extensivly used in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.

Regards

Ilkie

Just capture video or recognition system?

If you just want to see number plates on recorded video, you just need good camera, with manual shutter setting at about 1/250 - 1/500 s. At day you will have numbers recorded without any problems, at night - you should "play" with illuminator mounting place and power. Just remember, that number plates reflects light to the same way, from where light is coming to plate, so, you should place illuminator near the camera.