sydewinder99

DVR with Wireless AP

Hi All,

I have a stand alone 4 channel DVR with it's LAN connected to a Dlink AP2100 Access Point at the same location as DVR. Both of these are installed in a covert area on the premises that the local officials need to access from time to time. I have set up the following with the DVR, AP and laptop's wifi and it works perfectly, but need some help on another way to access this. It's probably very simple, but not having any success. Let me explain:

The DVR is set at

IP 192.168.1.150

subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

The AP is set at:

subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

The laptop wifi properties are:

Static IP 192.168.1.152

subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

The IE Explorer address used to access DVR is

192.168.1.150:100

All this works perfectly, but would like to know how I can make it so it can be setup for obtain IP address automatically. I'd like to just place an icon with its properties as url 192.168.1.150:100 on their desktops instead of having them change their networking settings to static each time. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, and look forward to someones help,

Jay

All this works perfectly, but would like to know how I can make it so it can be setup for obtain IP address automatically.

Enable the router and laptops to use DHCP.

Best,

Christopher

I gather the laptops are currently already using DHCP, but pulling addresses in a different subnet than the DVR is using.

Simple solution: change the DVR and AP to IPs in the same subnet as your DHCP server is passing out to the laptops: if the DHCP server is using 192.168.0.* IPs, then just change your DVR and AP to 192.168.0.150, .151, etc. (or other addresses that are outside the DHCP range).

All this works perfectly, but would like to know how I can make it so it can be setup for obtain IP address automatically. I'd like to just place an icon with its properties as url 192.168.1.150:100 on their desktops instead of having them change their networking settings to static each time. Is there a way to do this?

If everything "works perfectly" now and the desktops are using the same router/gateway, access the DVR from the desktops. When you get to the Login screen, right click and select Create Shortcut to put one on their desktop.