Toaster

VGA to Component (or HDMI) upconvert to 1080i/p or 720p???

So I'd like to use my DVR (Q-see QT428 which is actually a TVT 2308SE) on my HDTV at home, to get better resolution. I tried a VGA to HDMI converter, but because it didn't upconvert it to something my HDTV understood, I got no video - as my HDTV doesnt support computer resoutions like vga, xga, svga etc...

I tried the same dvr with vga to hdmi converter on my flat panel hdtv which DID support pc resolutions, and it worked --- But I don't want it in that room on THAT hdtv.

SO: Does anyone know if its possible to convert VGA to either component 1080i or 720p output or maybe HDMI ?

I think you can get those converters but you will still get the same resolution no matter what, in a matter of fact, if you are putting it on a larger screen, it may look worse. Your DVR is limited to D1 resolution at best (480p basically). The best appearing resolution will probably be on a small 19" tube tv.

See if you can reduce the VGA output resolution to ~1280x720 instead of 1280x1024. Then it will display as 720p.

Alot of DVRs don't auto-detect or don't do it properly anyway. So you have to do it manually.

The DVR only supports like 3 resolutions, none work on my mitsubishi hdtv. I wanted the higher resolution because I leave it on 4 way view.