CondoCommando

Looking to do 32 channels Geovision need suggestions

Howdy All,

This is my second post here but I've been lurking a while. I'm looking for suggestions on what hardware to use for a 32 camera Geovision system running two GV-1480A cards as well as a good place to purchase the Geovision cards from. I was debating getting a dell machine to do it but I thought I'd ask before taking the plunge.

-CC

Howdy All,

This is my second post here but I've been lurking a while. I'm looking for suggestions on what hardware to use for a 32 camera Geovision system running two GV-1480A cards as well as a good place to purchase the Geovision cards from. I was debating getting a dell machine to do it but I thought I'd ask before taking the plunge.

-CC

I wouldn't recommend going with Dell unless you plan on wiping the machine of all the Dell crap, doing a custom install, and setting up Windows to run Geovision cards. Even then you never know exactly what motherboard you getting and Geovision is a little finicky sometimes with certain boards. I would recommend building your own machine.

If you want a list of parts I've personally tested and can verify work great with Geovision send me a PM.

Been using the Gigabyte p55 boards with sata 6 controllers on them (on sale at the egg for $105 right now. I7 870 cpu (microcenter) and 4 gigs of ram.

Buy from a reputable dealer on your card. I've gotten my last few from www.jsbsurveillance.com but there are many other out there. He's just local for me.

Don't use a dell. Odds are you won't even have enough sata power connectors to add a couple extra drives. And with 32 cameras you will need a minimum of 2 extra drives if not more.

Been using the Gigabyte p55 boards with sata 6 controllers on them (on sale at the egg for $105 right now. I7 870 cpu (microcenter) and 4 gigs of ram

What is your preference on enclosures?

Best,

Christopher

I've been using the Antec 300 case since it has a front filter and space for several hard drives.

2-120 mm fans added to front of case.

4 gigs, of ddr3 1333mhz or 1600 (corsair, Adata, etc)

I5 650 cpu for 16 cameras (has onboard graphics in cpu)

I7 870 for 32 camera systems

P55 boards with geforce 210 graphics cards for 32 camera systems

H55 boards with onboard graphics (when used with the 650 cpu) 16 cameras

OCZ modstream-pro 500W or 600W power supplies

Seagate XT 2TB drives for storage

Western digital Blue 500gig for Operating system

Window7 32 bit

Geovison gv-1480 card(s)

The Gigabyte boards have been working well so far. The P55 usb3 uds has 2 sata 6 controllers on them. Could be in my head but they looked really smooth and couldn't make them jumpy.

And of course if it works...... I don't mind staying with what is working so I've been pretty happy.