kccustom

Help me catch our work prankster on the cheap

I am having trouble catching our prankster at work, here is what is going on maybe yall can give me some ideas.

Each shift has a cabinet with a lock shared by 3 people, one of the guys on shift 2 has figured out a way to get into our cabinet (shift 3) but he wont admit to getting in it, he likes to take stuff out and move stuff around just harmless fun but I want to catch him red handed.

I was thinking one of the game/scouting cameras but after looking at the prices there aint no way I am going to spend 60 bucks (cheapest I could find) just for play.

I need some ideas that are battery operated and cheap lets say on a 20 dollar budget.

I am having trouble catching our prankster at work, here is what is going on maybe yall can give me some ideas.

Each shift has a cabinet with a lock shared by 3 people, one of the guys on shift 2 has figured out a way to get into our cabinet (shift 3) but he wont admit to getting in it, he likes to take stuff out and move stuff around just harmless fun but I want to catch him red handed.

I was thinking one of the game/scouting cameras but after looking at the prices there aint no way I am going to spend 60 bucks (cheapest I could find) just for play.

I need some ideas that are battery operated and cheap lets say on a 20 dollar budget.

Hi not much around for $20 ................. the pen camera is $35

Pen_Camera_and_Recorder_pen_voice_4GB_Hi-1.jpg

OR

rattrap-1.jpg

Most of the spy equipment can only record 2 hours at the most even though some of them say they will record up to 6 hours, I find the battery goes dead well before that, of you can find one that you can somehow keep powered that would be advantageous. Some of them take Micro SD cards and they now make 32GB Micro SD but your looking at spending $40-50 on that SD card alone.

I think a real mousetrap would be more useful - when you hear the scream, you know he's caught. Put it on a really short chain in the top drawer, so he won't be able to reach his other hand in to release himself

Caught red handed for sure. Lol.

I don't think you can get anything for $20, but some webcams include a motion activated recording software that you could set up in that area. I'd be careful where you are recording though. If that's an area where people might have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as a dressing room, then it's most likely illegal to record there and could land you in trouble.

I was just wanting a quick hack that would take a snap shot when motion was detected like a game/trail camera but those things are pretty expensive for what I was wanting to do, plus there is no way to power it except for a battery.

lol I sure wouldn't want a picture of a guy in a dressing room! it would have been inside our cabinet taking a pic from the inside of who ever opened the door.

I found a couple of home made ones using motion detectors from renuzit air fresheners and cheap digital cameras I think I might try to make one of those.