torbenc

Vista VC16Te-320 (Norbain)

Hi

I just got my fingers on a VC16Te-320 (16-channel DVR record) http://www.norbain.co.uk/products/ref:0092650/

First of all, does anyone know, if this unit is a B/W ? I can not get any color on my cameras. (and yes, they are colorcameras)

Second, the password in the manual, does not match, and im not able to log in as "installer" to set up the system, any ideas here? To reset the system to factory settings, you should log in with a password, and that does not work either.

I got this unit, and 13 color cameras with irs, for under what the cameras cost them self.

Hi

I just got my fingers on a VC16Te-320 (16-channel DVR record) http://www.norbain.co.uk/products/ref:0092650/

First of all, does anyone know, if this unit is a B/W ? I can not get any color on my cameras. (and yes, they are colorcameras)

Second, the password in the manual, does not match, and im not able to log in as "installer" to set up the system, any ideas here? To reset the system to factory settings, you should log in with a password, and that does not work either.

I got this unit, and 13 color cameras with irs, for under what the cameras cost them self.

norbain have not sold that unit in a long time. dont spend money on this unit its just too old. H/D will cost a fortune and the viewing software is windows 98.

you could email the manufactures to see if they will reflash it for you (you will need to send the unit) but i think they will say the same. info@vista-cctv.com

Its a GE (Kalatel) model, uses WaveReader which CAN be viewed on XP etc.

I even have an alternative program to Wavereader for free download on my site.

As mentioned maybe its in NTSC and you are in the UK so you need to switch it to PAL.

Otherwise I dont recall them making a BW DVR, they had BW Multiplexers though.

Wrong format, eg, PAL on an NTSC monitor etc will cause it to be in BW among other things.

As for password, you say its 2nd hand so perhaps they changed it.

Try 3477 though.

Also you can use any 7200rpm IDE HDD for it, probably as much as 640GB max, but if its that old then only 1 without a power upgrade. Otherwise you would need to locate 2x5400rpms.

AS mentioned also, email or call Norbain and see if they have a flash for it, if not, and you are adventurous maybe email or call GE or someone that still supports those units, and give them your version number and they might have a flash for it also.

I just got a DVR from the US, wasnt working properly needed new firmware to fix an issue, US distributor would not send the correct flash so I contacted the real manufacturer and provided version etc and was able to flash it with that, but it was PAL so had to flash again to change that to NTSC.

norbain have not sold that unit in a long time. dont spend money on this unit its just too old. H/D will cost a fortune and the viewing software is windows 98.

you could email the manufactures to see if they will reflash it for you (you will need to send the unit) but i think they will say the same. info@vista-cctv.com

First of all, it uses a standard IDE harddrive, that cost about $35, and who talked about using money on the harddrive?

The viewing software (wavereader) works even on windows 7!

Its a GE (Kalatel) model, uses WaveReader which CAN be viewed on XP etc.

I even have an alternative program to Wavereader for free download on my site.

As mentioned maybe its in NTSC and you are in the UK so you need to switch it to PAL.

Otherwise I dont recall them making a BW DVR, they had BW Multiplexers though.

Wrong format, eg, PAL on an NTSC monitor etc will cause it to be in BW among other things.

As for password, you say its 2nd hand so perhaps they changed it.

Try 3477 though.

Also you can use any 7200rpm IDE HDD for it, probably as much as 640GB max, but if its that old then only 1 without a power upgrade. Otherwise you would need to locate 2x5400rpms.

AS mentioned also, email or call Norbain and see if they have a flash for it, if not, and you are adventurous maybe email or call GE or someone that still supports those units, and give them your version number and they might have a flash for it also.

I just got a DVR from the US, wasnt working properly needed new firmware to fix an issue, US distributor would not send the correct flash so I contacted the real manufacturer and provided version etc and was able to flash it with that, but it was PAL so had to flash again to change that to NTSC.

I managed to guess the installer password, and have now changed it back to the original.

I don't see any NTSC/PAL options in the software, but since the unit has been used in this country, it should be set to PAL.

First of all, it uses a standard IDE harddrive, that cost about $35, and who talked about using money on the harddrive?

The viewing software (wavereader) works even on windows 7!

wavereader does work on windows 7 your right. on the latest vista or supported units. the VC16Te-320 came out in 2004 and stopped 2007 no support after 2008. if you can find an old version of wavereader 2006-7 then you can do your set-up though your pc.

with you saying pal ... i thought you was in the uk. if you are using the dvr for a store then the HD is not big enough and also 1.5 fps across 16 channels is also bad for any shop or store in the uk. you good if its for your own home

with you saying pal ... i thought you was in the uk. if you are using the dvr for a store then the HD is not big enough and also 1.5 fps across 16 channels is also bad for any shop or store in the uk. you good if its for your own home

I use to get around 5fps on a 10 channel .. but yeah if doing 16 cameras then .. slow for todays standards. Evidence sharing is not good either. Reason I switched from them after years of use, they were good back in the day though, least the GE units, some of the first DVRs around.

They can change the HDD though to I think 640GB max, or 1TB depends on the age?

I now had some time to play around with this unit.

Everything works fine, except the web interface.

There is no problem in finding the unit on the network, and I get a login screen in my browser(s)

but when login in, I just get a "page not found" message.

This is the adress after the login: http://192.168.1.110/wrcontrollite.ssi

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I only bought this unit, because it was in an auction, with 12 cameras. I got the whole thing, for under what the cameras would cost.