Quantum

Outdoor HD IP Fixed Camera

True, that would be optimal, but I'm living in a rent-house. Not worth it, so I just ran the wire.

Can't find a suitable camera though. I wonder how much the Avigilon 2.0MP-HD-DOME-DN would be.

True, that would be optimal, but I'm living in a rent-house. Not worth it, so I just ran the wire.

Can't find a suitable camera though. I wonder how much the Avigilon 2.0MP-HD-DOME-DN would be.

The Avigilon camera is over your $500 budget.

Have not used one yet.... you?

No, I have not yet tested the Vivotek IP8151. But judging from the sample videos on the Vivotek website, if I plan to drive around a big city with a security camera mounted to the dash, apparently that's the camera to get.

Best,

Christopher

Have not used one yet.... you?

No, I have not yet tested the Vivotek IP8151. But judging from the sample videos on the Vivotek website, if I plan to drive around a big city with a security camera mounted to the dash, apparently that's the camera to get.

Best,

Christopher

LOL! Would love to see/ know more when someone gets a chance to test one. I've got my first Vivotek in test on my front porch... I gotta say, a little soft on the "2mp" but DANG do I like the features.

Maybe these upper-end cameras aren't worth it.

I don't understand why it says for a sanyo 3300, on the one hand, "Effective 16:9 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) 4:3 2288(H) x 1712(V)", and on the other hand 4MP? 1920 x 1080 is about 2MP. Where is the rest of that resolution going?

Would a DLink or Panasonic serve decently for alot less money?

I don't understand why it says for a sanyo 3300, on the one hand, "Effective 16:9 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) 4:3 2288(H) x 1712(V)", and on the other hand 4MP? 1920 x 1080 is about 2MP. Where is the rest of that resolution going?

Because the Sanyo's can run 720P, 1080P or 4MP. 4:3 or 16:9

Dlink is a joke for a camera and Sanyo has a better image then Panasonic.

Sanyo's literature says specifically that it has no more than "Effective 16:9 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) 4:3 2288(H) x 1712(V)", which is about half of 4MP.

I don't understand this.

Because the Sanyo's can run 720P, 1080P or 4MP. 4:3 or 16:9

Dlink is a joke for a camera and Sanyo has a better image then Panasonic.

Avoid the D-Link.

Panos are good cameras.

Avoid the D-Link.

Panos are good cameras.

Agreed. Forget the D-Link. The Pano 502 is a good camera, but expect to pay a premium.

Best,

Christopher

Panasonic has a "toy" cctv line... they call them "Pet Cams". I'd say if you are only wanting to look at your killer Chihuahua all day, these are a perfect fit.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/PetCams.list.84502_11002_7000000000000005702

Are those what you were referring to when you mentioned D Link and Panasonic in the same sentence Quantum???

Something tells me you're not referring to the big bad Panasonic lines that not even most of my customers can afford.....

Sanyo's literature says specifically that it has no more than "Effective 16:9 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) 4:3 2288(H) x 1712(V)", which is about half of 4MP.

I don't understand this.

4:3 2288(H) x 1712(V) = 3917056 pixels.

They round up for for the 4 MP. And they crop for all other resolutions.

Thanks.

Hm, I know damned well that hospitals and apartments aren't paying more than $100 each for most of their cams.

Hm, I know damned well that hospitals and apartments aren't paying more than $100 each for most of their cams.

I'm curious what you meant by this... was that sarcasm or no? Hard to tell through keyboards...

Thanks.

I absolutely guarantee they're not getting high-end brand-name IP megapixel cams for $100 each. Even dealer wholesale is waaaay above that.

I did some informal consulting for a small hospital a part of a HUGE corporation... let me put it this way... i think I could make better money doing residential. lol!

Unless it's the most penny-pinching hospital in the US they are paying a good deal more than $100/ea for ANALOG cameras, let alone IP.

Hospitals usually go name brand on their products.