hrp

Netpromax

Does anyone know if something is wrong with Netpromax? I have been unable to access my sites through the internet (error message= Unable to Access Domain Server). They don't have their phone number listed on the website, and e-mails have gone unanswered?

Does anyone know if something is wrong with Netpromax? I have been unable to access my sites through the internet (error message= Unable to Access Domain Server). They don't have their phone number listed on the website, and e-mails have gone unanswered?

Netpromax, Inc

2540 Corporate Place

Suite B-107

Montery Park

California

CA 91754

United States of America (USA)

TEL - +1 323 269 9157

FAX - +1 323 269 9161

The number has been "temporarily" disconnected

then why not just reset your system to run on another ddns service am shure you will get help on here and cut them out.

Thanks for your input. I'll have to figure out how to do that. I've never done anything like that before.

Their new software wont work with any other DDNs service BUT theirs .. other way is to use the IP but ofcourse it will change if not static. If it came down to it you could run a script that gets the IP from the DDNS and then using send keys run the FXClient, open the login Window, and change the info then connect .. all automatically without user input .. but ....I would just upgrade to something that works better.

Yes, Netpromax is in fact out of business. This has been confirmed by both distributors as well as colleagues who personally know their owner.

You will be unable to connect or view your DVR over the network, as their server has been shut down along with their phones, faxes, and emails.

If you need help getting back on a network, please call me. I have a couple solutions that may work for you. My company is a manufacturer of security cameras products, and works with Netpromax's former rep firm, so we are offering to assist their customers where needed, if possible.

Kristine

Digital IDView

www.idview.com

972-247-1203 x7317

Netpromax had 3 different PC DVRs(FX, ZX, and HX) and also 3 different standalone DVRs(MX, LX, SDVR).

All other DVR ddns service is up and running except FX DVR model. Getting your FX DVR up and running is very simple.

Go to www.changeip.com(which is the free domain name service site) from the FX DVR. Register a username and password.

Create a free domain name. This free domain name will now work as if it is your actual IP address.

Now from FX Client program, go to 'Login' and select your site name.

Click on 'Edit' and delete your previous domain name.

Type your new domain name which is created from the changeip.com.

Make sure to put a check mark on 'use private ddns service' before you save the setting.

Click on 'Connect' and it's done.

If you have any question, feel free to email me at rayrayraykim@hotmail.com

i just switched mine back to DynDns.com's DDNS service like I use with everything else. Except you dont get live remote audio in this case unless you were using Netpromax's DDNS.

I believe that live audio issue is from port 2003. Make sure to open and forward port 2003 along with port 2002.

port 2004 will be used for ptz control over the network.

Yeah at the time when I was working on it I tried all the ports, got the ports from a sniffer, even DMZ'd it ... in the end the only way I got audio was by using their DDNS.

Figured it must be something in their new software .. even their tech I ended up speaking to at the time just ran past that issue. The cards themselves were very old and had lost the old software when the HDD crashed. So there was some hacks the netpromax tech had to do even to get it to work without crashing non stop .. cant recall what they were and didnt really pay attention as I dont use that DVR normally, was just glad the head ache of an overall job was over (long story about that job)

The best way to convert their files to avi would be to use the fxviewer.exe I do have a copy of it, however, I need to get a copy of fxclient or fxclient32.exe if somebody has it....that way I can arrange the camera view in the sequence that I need it and then only export the parts that I need.

Please let me know if someone has the client software...Since they are out of business and not supporting anyone, there should not be a problem with licensing.

Nick