dphunks

Cant view image using iexplorer/firefox quicktime/h.264

Hi,

I'm having problems to get image from my DVR.

If im connected to the network i have no issue at all but from outside the lan i can logon on the website but then i got no image using quicktime and h.264.

i also have created an vpn to my lan but also doesnt resolve the issue

i tryed with vpn/ddns, used firefox and iexplorer and used quicktime and h.264

with the vpn and using the software to connect to the DVR the software cannot find him

Hi,

I'm having problems to get image from my DVR.

If im connected to the network i have no issue at all but from outside the lan i can logon on the website but then i got no image using quicktime and h.264.

i also have created an vpn to my lan but also doesnt resolve the issue

i tryed with vpn/ddns, used firefox and iexplorer and used quicktime and h.264

with the vpn and using the software to connect to the DVR the software cannot find him

what make is your dvr ???

Did you have to download any ActiveX programs into your computer to view it on the LAN? If so, you can rule out using Firefox or quicktime. You're IE bound.

Edited by Guest

use the real software not the browser app.

What DVR is it?

Why you trying to connect with quicktime?

I dont know the brand because the dvr is from a friend and is instaled in another country.

When i use iexplorer i got an active x install message

i install the software and then this

875843455_SemTtulo.thumb.gif.c2c7d3968b7e1b56bc5691248257d959.gif

Edited by Guest

Does a name come up for the activeX? Normally can also tell the brand by the ActiveX.

i have also tested with an pc from the local network and it works on firefox with quicktime

i'm thinking about something that is blocked because with the software from the dvr the message says disconnected

but where

can be firewall, or some port because i dont know what is the port used for h.264

The AvTechs Ive used use Java but they are older units so that might have changed. But in those cases I initially had to update Java on my computer, dont know if thats worth a try. Never tried quicktime to connect to a DVR, I dont install any Apple stuff on my PC.

make sure the user account you are logging in with is not already connected or is a local network account? Make sure the ports are all forwarded properly.

The AvTechs Ive used use Java but they are older units so that might have changed. But in those cases I initially had to update Java on my computer, dont know if thats worth a try. Never tried quicktime to connect to a DVR, I dont install any Apple stuff on my PC.

i have the option to use or h.264 or quicktime

on firefox i need to use quicktime.from inside the lan no prob.from outsite it starts buffering but cannot get any image

with iexplore i have the image that i posted before.

do you have an idea if can be that the internet connection needs to be faster so that i can have image or is something blocked?

Can you get into your DVR's Configuration settings? If so, you should be able to see and possibly change your HTTP and data ports. At the least, see what has to be forwarded.

make sure the user account you are logging in with is not already connected or is a local network account? Make sure the ports are all forwarded properly.

for the ports i have only configured port 80 and it is working because if i write the wan ip on iexplorer it goes directly to the dvr

for the account im logging with the admin account.

there are 4 types of account: supervisor / power user / normal / guest

wich one schould i use