ashthekid

"IP address not accessible!" from iphone app

Hi,

I recently replaced my old cctv setup at work with a AVTECH KPD 674 with 1000Gb hard drive and have been fiddling around with how to set up the Eagle Eye app on my iphone. Now I know these are probably easy questions but I'm stuck.

I've connected the DVR directly into my BT Business Router rather than via my PC. I changed my network settings on the DVR to match my IP, DNS, Subnet, Gateways etc I had on my BT Business Router and at the same time installed the Viewer software for my PC (which is also connected directly into the router) and EagleEyes Plus on my iPhone. On my PC I searched for the IP address and successfully connected and viewed my 4 channels fine. I also successfully had my iphone connect and show the 4 channels via the wifi from my work BT Business Router. However, once my iPhone leaves the wifi zone it does not connect at all via 3G or another wifi zone (e.g. at my home). It simply comes up "IP address is not accessible!".

What settings do I need to change? On the DVR, the BT Router, and/or iPhone?

I know it's something simple but I just can't seem to work it out. I'm assuming it's a security issue or routing issue with how my incoming requests being sent to the DVR on my network?

The IP addresses that are observable inside your LAN are not observable outside your LAN. You'll probably need to do a couple of things. First, if your ISP assigns dynamic IP addresses, then you'll need to set up a method to resolve the dynamic IP address. Second, you'll need a way to port forward from the outside of the LAN to the inside of the LAN. You should read the directions that came with your DVR, or find detailed explanations using Google.

Best,

Christopher