arete

Exacq and Mac ?

Had a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I have an Exacq system and run a Mac with an airport extreme (with a second as an expander). I downloaded all the software and could view both within my location as well as remotely...for awhile. Later I could no longer even access the internet locally until I switched the configure IPv4 back to using DHCP from manual, which now negates remote viewing of the system, but local is still OK. Any help or ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Had a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I have an Exacq system and run a Mac with an airport extreme (with a second as an expander). I downloaded all the software and could view both within my location as well as remotely...for awhile. Later I could no longer even access the internet locally until I switched the configure IPv4 back to using DHCP from manual, which now negates remote viewing of the system, but local is still OK. Any help or ideas appreciated. Thanks.

This is just "airport" feature. Not very well designed for port forwarding.

Ask airport distributors how to....

sounds like your local ip changed for your dvr. you may have to re do your ports on your router to your dvr ip. do you have a static ip or are you using a ddns service.

I just port forwarded one of these the other day, was easy enough although need to use the Mac or download special software to do it on a PC. Also no DDNS updater built into it so need to run a separate updater program on your Mac or PC on the local network. Unless you have a static IP from the ISP you need to leave the other part as default to get an IP from the ISP then as mentioned use a separate DDNS update software on a computer on the local network. I didnt change any of the default router settings like IPv4 etc. Just add the port forwarding to a local static IP you setup in the DVR/NVR.