Sign in to follow this  
camerasguy71

NVR for 16 arecont 5100's + maybe 9 more or a 2nd NVR

I'm building a windows 7 64 bit with 4 GB ram and I7 quad core. It will be recording 16 arecont 5100's. Basically a clean up for an unhappy referral customer . The customer is knowledgable enough about pcs to be dangerous so I want to keep the software simple as possible.. I dont want to be married to this guy. There are 9 remote cameras 2 miles away running on a 45 mb bridge. I'm trying to decide if I want to install another 100 mb bridge with a dual wann router or install a 2nd super computer/NVR. ideas or suggetions would be awesome.

Edited by Guest

Take a look at go1984, great software no per camera license. I can highly recommend it

Support H264 only in "top" version....

But, for arecont 5100, this is not a problem

I was told Milestone would use all the resources available. I dont have much experience in this many high end cameras. My customers are too thrifty to go this rout normally.

I was told Milestone would use all the resources available. I dont have much experience in this many high end cameras. My customers are too thrifty to go this rout normally.

What version of Milestone are you running?

None yet, I'm doing my home work and I hear they are the least friendly to use my. My systems require hybrid capabilties to keep costs inline. Not often I get to run ip only systems.