kevbabes

CNM secure H 264 and i phone

Hi. Sorry if this is in the wrong folder...

I have installed a CNM CCTV system (500 GB hard drive, monitor & 4 cameras) up around my house. I have just worked out how to view this via a PC.

I am having a nightmare trying to view it on my iphone..

The book says you can view it remotely via internet explorer... clearly the iphone doesnt have this. However, there are several apps that state using their app you can view your home cctv system... I have a few of these (most free)... And they dont work !

I would be eternally grateful for any help !!

Kevin

What model CNM DVR do you have?

Most likely it simply can't be viewed by mobile phones. THe issues is Active-X controls that IE uses.

There are a number of units that can. And with the model number we can check and see if it's possible.

Did you get this working? I too am having the same problem,

the model of dvr cnm secure h264.

so frustrating. I have tried Meye and ip camera viewer,

meye asks for

(server info)

title

address

port

(account info)

user id

password

ip camera viewer asks for

name

camera type (and has scroll wheel of makes and models bt cant find cnm)

ip

port

user

pass

any ideas??

Meye should do the trick.

Did you open that 3rd port I mentioned (mobile 3g port - default at port 100)?

Server info:

Address: Your Dyndns name

Port: 100 (if you left it at default)

Userid and Password - whatever you set on the DVR.

Im on an Android phone and using Meye.

If the same app exists for Iphone - then it should be fine.

Try again once you have setup your numerical password.

How are you entering the Address section.

i.e are you doing http://

CNM always gets me fustrated. the back-up service is bad. many people buy CNM as a budget home dvr from the likes of maplins who is another company that will not give support.

CNM are on this forum but they will not respond to problems. they have posted a email address to service support. but be aware that the phone number they send has a charge of £45 ($80) for phone support.

at the end of the day you just want to know if CNM has a iphone app. and how to set it up. i dont see why they can not just post the info

pm them memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17298

I think that is your problem.

Take out the http:// bit.

Just have: dyndns.org in the address bit

Is there a section for port separately? If so, then put the port in there.

Also, it would not be the 8082 port - as that was your Web Port if I remember.

It needs to be the Mobile 3G port. Where the default is 100.

I take you did port forward this one too right?

I think that is your problem.

Take out the http:// bit.

Just have: dyndns.org in the address bit

Is there a section for port separately? If so, then put the port in there.

Also, it would not be the 8082 port - as that was your Web Port if I remember.

It needs to be the Mobile 3G port. Where the default is 100.

I take you did port forward this one too right?

nsm. its not my problem i dont use them. do you have this dvr working on that APP .... no .... does that App support that dvr ....... you dont know. the people that do know are CNM hence posting the link.

and the way you are asking the op to log on is the same as using IE and like Beam00 has said this will be active x which is not supported on the iphone.

you might get it to work though the java port (mobile) this will have to be turned on on the iphone. but it will only give you refresh not live view.

Not sure I agree with you their pal.

Yes, I have it fully working - and through the Meye app too!

So, it is a bit of a rude remark to make to me - considering I have spent a fair amount of time helping the op; dont you think?

It will not work off the Web Port (this will only take requests from I.E with the activex).

If you want to use it via a smartphone app - then you need to open the Mobile 3g port as defined in the DVR setup.

NSM, You sir are are GENIUS!!!!!you really are. I have it working now on the iphone through Meye. I took the http out and its working!!!! Please can you PM me your paypal address, I have something for you to say thanks!!

I am really glad you got it working.

However, I now wish I had responded to your post on another well known forum where you posed the same question.

This tomcctv guy showed a complete lack of sense with his absolutely childish post. Clearly not technical person.

Based on this I will be deleting my account from this forum shortly, if this is the calibre of administrator/integrator, then I would rather not be a part.

Thanks.

hello

i have a problem with my iphone.

i have istalled the same system and am able to access the cctv cameras on the internal network, external netwrok (internet) however...

when i use Meye on my iphone i am able to connect to the DVR but am not seeing any video footage.

anyone who why this is???? i am 100% connected and loged in on Meye on the phone but no video..

my internet connection supply is with orange internet and it does not have a static ip. (this shouldent make a differeance because i just need to keep changing my ip)

thanks

neo_tsk

Hope you havent deleted your account yet..

Just reviewing things this am... and it now works !!!!

Thank you thank you !!

Below are detailed instructions for how to setup remote access and then after this are details on getting the iPhone APP up and running.

• Assign your DVR a static IP Address on your network. This can be configured by accessing the Main Menu, click the Advance Icon and then click the Network Icon.

TYPE needs to be changed to STATIC.

MEDIA PORT can be left at 9000. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to view camera images.

WEB PORT can be left at 80. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to connect to the DVR.

IP ADDRESS needs to be set as a valid IP Address for your network. If you know the local IP Address of your Internet Router (most routers are either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254), then you can use this to help decide on an IP Address. The first three parts of the IP address will be the same as your Router i.e. 192.168.1. and you will have to assign the last number, which must be unique and not already in use i.e. 100 would result in 192.168.1.100.

NETMASK in most instances this should be 255.255.255.0.

GATEWAY must be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DNS in most instances this should also be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DDNS Settings, which only need to be changed if your Internet Router doesn’t have a static IP Address. If this is the case, then set DDNS to ON and enter the SERVICE, HOST NAME, USERNAME and PASSWORD assigned to you when you configured your Dynamic DNS account.

• Change the settings on your Internet Router to allow incoming Internet connections to your DVR.

The settings that need to be configured can differ between different makes and models of Internet Router, but the most common configuration change is to do with the firewall settings.

Log on to your Internet Router and click the Firewall settings menu.

You will need to add an Inbound Service which allows traffic on the ports required to be open which are 80, Mobile Port “100” (unless this has been manually changed) and the Media Port “9000” (unless this has been manually changed).

Save all configuration changes.

If you don’t know how to configure your Internet Router, please contact your Internet Service Provider or the person who configured your Internet Router to get instructions about how to configure it or get this process done for you.

Now your DVR should be fully networked and accessible on your local network and the Internet.

Connecting using an iPhone

First you must install the MEye application from the App Store. Search for the developer of the software by entering “Sun Jian” in the search box.

Find the MEye application and click install.

Run the MEye application and click the settings icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like a Cog.

• Enter a Title by which the connection will be known.

• Enter the static Internet IP Address of your router, or your DyDNS web address in the Address box.

• Enter the Port number which should be the Mobile Port “100”, unless this has been changed.

• Enter the User ID for your DVR, which is usually “admin”.

• Enter the Password for your DVR.

Click the back icon at the top of the screen and connect to your DVR by clicking the Play icon at the bottom of the screen.

You can navigate between camera views by clicking the number of the camera you wish to view.

To resolve the issue of not being able to access the DVR remotely using IE9 please follow the steps below:

Go to the “tools” menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”.

Go to the “tools” menu again and click on the “Internet Options” option.

Click the “Security” tab.

Click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.

Click the “Sites” button.

Untick the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box (if it is ticked).

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website to the zone:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”

Click “OK”

Restart your browser.

Everything should work correctly now.

I followed those brilliant instructions to the letter and both IE & MYeye worked - success! But now, just a week later, Myeye has stopped working for some reason. It says 'Connect to server successfully' then after a pause it says 'No response!' and goes back to 'Connect to server successfully'. I haven't changed any of the settings - ie port numbers, usernames etc etc. I'm still using my DNS account as I don't have a static IP address. Any ideas what could have gone wrong? It still works on IE just fine.

hi

i have just installed a cnm 500gb cctv sytem with 4 cameras is there anyone who can help me to setup it up on my mobile phone ive got the new blackberry 9900 i have downloded te meye app but can not get it to work-it ask for title-address-user id password, and do i need do any settings on the system first.

i appreciate any help thanks

hi

i have just installed a cnm 500gb cctv sytem with 4 cameras is there anyone who can help me to setup it up on my mobile phone ive got the new blackberry 9900 i have downloded the Meye app but can not get it to work-it ask for title-address-user id password, and do i need do any settings on the system first.

i appreciate any help thanks