miljamitv

Issues with IQeye cameras

I was wondering if anyone on here has experianced any issues with IQeye? Cameras going to sleep, some in a coma or just dead. Concerning 700 and 800 series cameras.

Ive been struggling for a while with a lot of installs with IQeye. Other cameras are stable like Sanyo, Axis and Sony.....

Thanks!

I've installed lots of IQs, mostly 511s and A11 domes... have rarely seen problems like you (vaguely) describe. Have you checked for firmware updates?

Yeah, many upgrades later same crap different firmware. We have installed about 500 IQeye cameras if not much more. Seems recently we have been sending back many of them.

Which switch do you use mostly with IQeye? For us it doesnt seem to matter which switch. We use mainly Linksys but seen the issue with Netgear, HP Pro curve, Cisco and customer owned.

I got a client with 96 IP cameras, 55 of them Sony of many sorts, 37 are Sanyo domes and 4 of them IQeye. The install isnt older than 4 months and we had to replace one IQeye852 already. This one went into a coma. Lights on but nobody home. Nothing I could do to get it back to life. All the other cameras 100% stable.

We would usually use IQeye for the whole job but didntfor this one because of the past issues. So Sanyo and Sony it was and used the 4 IQeye for the light posts.

I have another client with 132 IP cameras. 120 of them are IQeye. We often go there to reboot switches so cameras would come back online or sometimes to replace them. Ive gotten to the point where I wrote a telnet script and use software where the client can click a "button" and reboot a switch for cameras that have gone down. sucks and it looks bad.

I have a shopping mall with 93 cameras, mix of IQeye, Axis and Sanyo. Same issue here going back to reboot swithes to get IQeye cameras working again.

Oh by the way, the 800 series cameras are redone 700 series cameras. We have open them up and to our surprise same main board with some minor hardware changes.

I like IQeye, easy to install and the picture quality is pretty good but......

I droped IQEye for this exact reason, one of their tech guys went to work for Basler and a couple of reps went another direction too.

I have six in my home, 752s, 711s, and and A11S.

I had to RMA two 711 cams just yesterday. Seems to be imager problems with both. One had a problem for a while where the color bit depth seemed off. The other just went black. When I went into setup, the LightGrabber dropdown box was missing and replaced with LIGHTGRABBER Err::Unknown OID. Changing any settings gives a message box the says %Error: no imager detected. On the Window tab the Crop tab only has 0x0 in the presets.

Spoke with IQEye and they said it sounds like imager problems with both. Fortunately, still under warranty.

I use TrendNet POE switches.

Kevin

Wow, that's so weird... I've just had two 511s die with an "No imager detected" issue (well actually, one died in December and nobody noticed until a couple weeks ago... I replaced that Monday morning, and another one died Monday night with the same error). Both are over a year out of warranty, but IQ has waived the repair fee for the second one, and hopefully will for the first one as well (and huge props to Colleen at IQ support!!). The boss says he has a couple more with the same problem sitting in the office.

Basically, the camera connects, the interface comes up fine, but there's no picture, and trying to change any of the image-related options throws an "No imager detected" error popup...

deadIQ-1.thumb.jpg.26eb6a1980b5b2e2438a65789010938f.jpg

deadIQ-2.thumb.jpg.0b9b6816aaebe5326b3159daa907cd1c.jpg

Hi, Matt.

Yep, the one 711 has the exact issues your cameras have with imager. Same messages. The other has the color problem you and I discussed in this thread: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=23867

I dealt with Colleen yesterday, and she was great. My warranties expired 1/31/11, so it wasn't as much of a stretch as your waiver, but I was still happy with the consideration. Now I just have to get out the ladders and open up the housings. Fortunately, I have a couple of backup cams, so I can do a swap and don't have to wait for the repaired cams to come back.

Kevin

Yeah, in my case, I have to get a lift on-site to swap out this second dead cam (unless I can find a 35' step ladder). I'm told the building maintenance people will be bringing in a lift soon for their annual lightbulb-changing exercises, so we'll probably wait until then to do the swap. Fortunately we, too, have a spare or two...

Yeah, in my case, I have to get a lift on-site to swap out this second dead cam (unless I can find a 35' step ladder). I'm told the building maintenance people will be bringing in a lift soon for their annual lightbulb-changing exercises, so we'll probably wait until then to do the swap. Fortunately we, too, have a spare or two...

Hi, Matt.

Just wanted to update on my RMAs. I sent the two 711 cams by 2-day air and got two replacement cams back by 2-day air in less than a week. Don't know if they are new or refurbs as I haven't broken the seals.

It concerns me that two imagers failed so soon, but can't beat the service from IQEye and Colleen.

Kevin

Guys, we experienced some problems with another camera brands not only IQeye. It seems that problem with switches rebooting to back cameras alive not just linked with IQ. We noticed that problem appeared when cameras powered with external power. When cameras powered by PoE it works fine. And at one site we have Cisco with PoE and Hirschmann without, and one camera model. Cameras works fine on Cisco but periodically we need to reboot Hirschmann where cameras powered by 24 VAC.

Who can suggest any additional information about this problem ?

I've problems too with the IQEYE511

Sometimes i get an vertical orange line in the image.

Firmware update doesn't solve the problem.

Very fast connecting and disconnecting the POE for 3 times works and the line disappears.

Some 511 camera's give a blank white image.

I still can manage the camera by the webbrowser but the image remains white. Again firmware and ActiveX component update doesn't work.

Guys, we experienced some problems with another camera brands not only IQeye. It seems that problem with switches rebooting to back cameras alive not just linked with IQ. We noticed that problem appeared when cameras powered with external power. When cameras powered by PoE it works fine. And at one site we have Cisco with PoE and Hirschmann without, and one camera model. Cameras works fine on Cisco but periodically we need to reboot Hirschmann where cameras powered by 24 VAC.

Who can suggest any additional information about this problem ?

I had same problems with more iq 511 cameras in the past. We had 12VDC power.

My solution was replace wirh new (RMA); But no problems with 7xx...

Well, after many hours spent troubleshooting, I have found the following with IQeye:

1, there is a timing issue with IQeye's 700 and 800 series cameras from firmware 3.0/0 to 3.0/8. We have many firmware flavors out there, 2.0/8 is most stable. According to IQeye, (IQeye sent a tech to our shop in Norway to help troubeshoot), firmware version 3.0/9 fixes the issue. We will see.................

2, Possibly because of the timing issues, the switches began to do funny things, routing packets incorrectly through the network. Also, we found "phantom" MAC addresses in some switches ports. Ports where there should be only one MAC address listed but yet there will be two for a few minutes. The phantom mac address does not exist on the network at all. The only way we remedy the problem is to reboot all the switches at the same time and by doing that all the arp tables will be deleted so no switch can inherit the "old" tables. We only experiance these issues when IQeye is connected. I wrote a script and use a telnet program with macro capabilities to reboot SRW208P Linksys switches from the PC. If your switch supports telnet and or CLI, LCLI its doable.

3, Hardware issues from IQeye. There is a bad batch of camera sensors with IQeye so when you get a white background in the webpage, thats a bad image sensor. Send it back. Also, with the 85X series, the IR filter motor craps out. Sends those back too, otherwise you may get pink pictures or a big ugly stick in the middle of your image. Nothing worse than replacing a sleeping camera with new, only to find out the IR filter is bad. I had four new boxes, 852's, brand new, bad IR filters. I was not happy.

Needles to say, we are taking a break from IQeye for a while and sticking with Sanyo, Axis and Sony. I got to say, Sanyo has been pretty stable.

We have a few hundred IQEye cameras and most of our 711's have been sent back with lightgrabber errors. The support has been great but the shipping is sometimes slow. I have had to send back Sentinels and IQA11s with issues as well. We don't seem to have near the issues with our Axis cameras.

I think IQI is now made in China.

Yes, I confirmed with them about 2 years or so ago, all their cameras are made in China even thought they have offices in the U.S. That's one reason we went with Mobotix instead, not made in China in that competitive situation. The cameras are not bad, but I just have this perception that all cameras that are made in China are available on eBay for under $100

"IQinVision has established a standard 5-year “bumper-to-bumper” warranty on the IQeye Alliance-mini dome camera line and a 3-year warranty on all other IQeye cameras. Unlike other manufacturers in the industry, IQinVision’s warranty covers all moving parts, sensors, filters, fans, motors, lens assemblies, shrouds, and slip rings."