Sign in to follow this  
loztiggy

I need help getting a CNM Secure h264 kit online

Just fitted two of these units .....Instructions for network set up next to no use.Pity help anyone that dont know what they are doing

Sorry, I've just been reading through some of the issues people have been having with the CnM Secure and Sentient DVR’s, so hopefully this will help. Please note that if you have problem setting up your DVR, all you have to do is contact CnM Support by emailling support@cnmsupport.com and we will resolve your issue as quickly as possible.

Below are detailed instructions for how to setup remote access.

• Assign your DVR a static IP Address on your network. This can be configured by accessing the Main Menu, click the Advance Icon and then click the Network Icon.

TYPE needs to be changed to STATIC.

MEDIA PORT can be left at 9000. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to view camera images.

WEB PORT can be left at 80. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to connect to the DVR.

IP ADDRESS needs to be set as a valid IP Address for your network. If you know the local IP Address of your Internet Router (most routers are either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254), then you can use this to help decide on an IP Address. The first three parts of the IP address will be the same as your Router i.e. 192.168.1. and you will have to assign the last number, which must be unique and not already in use i.e. 100 would result in 192.168.1.100.

NETMASK in most instances this should be 255.255.255.0.

GATEWAY must be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DNS in most instances this should also be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DDNS Settings, which only need to be changed if your Internet Router doesn’t have a static IP Address. If this is the case, then set DDNS to ON and enter the SERVICE, HOST NAME, USERNAME and PASSWORD assigned to you when you configured your Dynamic DNS account.

• Change the settings on your Internet Router to allow incoming Internet connections to your DVR.

The settings that need to be configured can differ between different makes and models of Internet Router, but the most common configuration change is to do with the firewall settings.

Log on to your Internet Router and click the Firewall settings menu.

You will need to add an Inbound Service which allows traffic on the ports required to be open which are 80, Mobile Port “100” (unless this has been manually changed) and the Media Port “9000” (unless this has been manually changed).

Save all configuration changes.

If you don’t know how to configure your Internet Router, please contact your Internet Service Provider or the person who configured your Internet Router to get instructions about how to configure it or get this process done for you.

Now your DVR should be fully networked and accessible on your local network and the Internet.

Connecting using an iPhone

First you must install the MEye application from the App Store. Search for the developer of the software by entering “Sun Jian” in the search box.

Find the MEye application and click install.

Run the MEye application and click the settings icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like a Cog.

• Enter a Title by which the connection will be known.

• Enter the static Internet IP Address of your router, or your DyDNS web address in the Address box.

• Enter the Port number which should be the Mobile Port “100”, unless this has been changed.

• Enter the User ID for your DVR, which is usually “admin”.

• Enter the Password for your DVR.

Click the back icon at the top of the screen and connect to your DVR by clicking the Play icon at the bottom of the screen.

You can navigate between camera views by clicking the number of the camera you wish to view.

To resolve the issue of not being able to access CnM or Sentient DVR's remotley using Internet Explorer 9 please follow the steps below:

Go to the “tools” menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”.

Go to the “tools” menu again and click on the “Internet Options” option.

Click the “Security” tab.

Click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.

Click the “Sites” button.

Untick the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box (if it is ticked).

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website to the zone:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”

Click “OK”

Restart your browser.

Everything should work correctly now.

At last contact with CNM I have now installed 8 of these units and never been able to make contact.

Could support at cnm maybe supply a guide for those that dont have a Static IP I think i have it sorted but would think it would be useful to have the expert view on this

cheers

Support e-mail does not exist thinking of giving up on these lot

To resolve the issue of not being able to access CnM or Sentient DVR's remotley using Internet Explorer 9 please follow the steps below:

Go to the “tools” menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”.

Go to the “tools” menu again and click on the “Internet Options” option.

Click the “Security” tab.

Click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.

Click the “Sites” button.

Untick the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box (if it is ticked).

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website to the zone:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”

Click “OK”

Restart your browser.

Everything should work correctly now.

At last contact with CNM I have now installed 8 of these units and never been able to make contact.

Could support at cnm maybe supply a guide for those that dont have a Static IP I think i have it sorted but would think it would be useful to have the expert view on this

cheers

to be honest CNM support is for products they sell just like anyother cctv company. getting units on internet without static ip or some sort of ddns is not a product problem its an installers problem.

i think you would just get more help from your customers ISP

ok, i've been over so many posts now i've lost the plot, when setting up a dyndns, what IP address should i use??? it shows me my routers external IP, but when i tried to put the IP i set up for the DVR in, it said, invalid IP i've read so much info that i feel i'm worse off now than when i started, oh, at the moment, i can view the cameras locally, but not over internet

ok, i've been over so many posts now i've lost the plot, when setting up a dyndns, what IP address should i use??? it shows me my routers external IP, but when i tried to put the IP i set up for the DVR in, it said, invalid IP i've read so much info that i feel i'm worse off now than when i started, oh, at the moment, i can view the cameras locally, but not over internet

who is your ISP. before you try a ddns service get you system working with your external ip first. once you know it all works then set your ddns up .

yeah, i'm not even that fussed about ddns, i just wanna be able to view this over i.e. i've tried so many different things now that i'm just completely confused about the whole setup!!

my ISP is BT. i have a bt home hub 2, done all the port forwarding etc (correctly i think)

yeah, i'm not even that fussed about ddns, i just wanna be able to view this over i.e. i've tried so many different things now that i'm just completely confused about the whole setup!!

my ISP is BT. i have a bt home hub 2, done all the port forwarding etc (correctly i think)

if you contact BT they will give you a static ip it cost around £5. then you will not need a ddns set up.

you cant use IE from your own network. you need to get someone to log into your system for you

what ports have you used.

hi Tom, i used ports 9000, 80 and 100 as per the instructions, also, i come off my home network, and connect to BT total broadband (bt mobile wifi service) to check it, and still no joy, also, i got my mum to check it too

ok, got this all up and running now, turned out one of the ports was having some issues, does anyone have a link for the active x control??? so i can download it manually, a couple of machines i've used have had problems downloading it while logging onto the DVR. i went to the publishers website, but there's no download available

Can anyone who has an 8 Channel CnM Classic model DVR honestly say they get D1 resolution in 'record' or 8 channel or 4 channel multi palyback capability.

I know D1 is the default for monitor VGA output but states it is adjustable CIF halfCIF and D1 on record quality.

I don't mean 8 channels 'live viewing' I mean multi channel viewing of the recorded channel event as per the CnM claim on their website and various sellers claims.

I have searched the internet and found the Chinese manufacturer that looks exactly the same as the CnM model just without the CnM screen print and their manual which is similar to the one provided by CnM actually caveats the 8 channel model only giving CIF capability in record mode and only single channel playback. This has been removed in the CnM manual. The 4 channel model does have the features I know, but the claim is also implied as being available on the 8 channel and I cannot get either to work.

I am using the 'record' tab in IE and the higher resolution settings just cannot be altered on mine and is remaining defaulted to lowest (CIF) setting, yet it shows a green light in the high position in the manual provided.

Have I been duped by false claims on the specs of the 8 channel. Please try yours and let me know if you can actually get both of these features to work.

I have downloaded the latest firmware and so new it was still in Chinese on some screens.

If you can run a program called crossover on your imac you can.that is what i use on my macbook,it runs explorer in it own program

Ok - lets start with the DVR.

1. I take it your mouse is plugged in to the DVR.

2. Right-click mouse

3. select main menu

4. Choose advance

5. Choose network

6. Type: Static

7. Media Port: 8081 (You can choose a different port if you want)

8. Web Port: 8082 (As above)

9. A unique IP Address on your network.

Lets do this:

A. On your PC: Start -> run -> cmd -> Hit Enter.

In the DOS box; type: ipconfig

You will see a line that says: IP Address.

I am guessing it will start: 192.168.0.

or: 192.168.1.

So back to the DVR: In the IP Address: Enter the first 3 numbers (separated by dots) that came up on your PC; i.e, 192.168.0.

For the lets choose 20

So the complete IP Address would be 192.168.0.20

I am assuming here that you dont have more than 20 internet enabled devices on your network. I just tried to choose something quite high) - but you can go up to 255.

10. Subnet Mask: Again - you can get this from the DOS window that you typed on your PC. There will be a line that says: Subnet Mask; it will be something like: 255.255.255.0

11. Next one is Gateway: Again this will be in the DOS window on your PC: Called: Default Gateway. it will be somthing like 192.168.0.1

12. Enter the same setting as point 11. for DNS

13. Hit apply and ok.

Thats the main part of the DVR.

Let me know when that part is done - or you need more help.

Hi,

Hope that someone will see this as the thread is a little old now. I purchased this unit a couple of years ago, but have only just got around to installing it. Having a nightmare trying to get online with it though. I have read through the above and also advice given further in this thread, but have one issue - I don't have anything labelled media port, web port in my DVR Network settings - the only ports that I can find are TCP, UDP and HTTP. I have attached a screenshot to show what I have. Does anyone have any advice please?

DVR.thumb.jpg.06a8b124748569a4aaea8bfb9deed274.jpg

Think I have got ahead of myself here - I cannot even see the DVR on my local network and I have reverted back to the default settings on the network page and added my local IP and subnet mask!!