kae

Problems with Remote Viewing

First of all, I am from Asia, and all specification of DVR models and routers models you have is different from mine. I tried the portforward website for my router settings but my router model is not listed, this is what i did on the router page tho

p/s: the Enable checkbox was unchecked when i took the the picture, you can ignore that because its checked all the time when I test my dvr. Network settings for the dvr is DHCP for now, and the Internal IP address to the dvr is :192.168.123.51, and the player is IE bound

After setting up everything as close as to all the instruction I can find online and also the manual it comes with, I try to access it from a local network,

Login was successful but I cannot view the live feeds from my dvr

Why isnt the browser showing anything? even playback too, I can see all the file list, but when I click play, it shows the videos are running but the browser is not showing anything. Hope you guys out there can help me out with this.

pf1.png.c67938134553f5f244054d9c66d5339d.png

ps2.png.98496ba85db83305bfaabae2ffded725.png

pd3.thumb.png.7e213975fb4890d65a6bb2a1afd4fa0a.png

Since you are using IE, you will need to make sure you have your Active X configured correctly. Check your DVR's manual for this. This could be the problem.

Port forward does not affect local connect.

As mentioned check the IE security.

If using IE8 etc then try Compatibility mode for that site.

Also it could be a codec issue, though that would mean the activeX installer did not install the codecs. Try the compatibility mode as mentioned, also make sure you are running as an Admin user. you could also try right clicking on IE and run as ..

Lastly you could view the page's source and locate the CAB path if it exists, then download and install it all manually (with IE closed).

Rory: I cannot locate the CAb path as u mentioned, below attached a screenshot of the page, please kindly check for me and tell me what should i do next, I have already been running as Admin + Compatibility View mode, Im using IE8

pf4.thumb.png.d2b7bd14594b3fea7881053da8c8c409.png

pf5.thumb.png.4014dbcb3907df48128e1314c3abfd30.png

Dont watse yout ime with ie go to google chrome or firefox and install also quik time player then everything will work fine

Dont watse yout ime with ie go to google chrome or firefox and install also quik time player then everything will work fine

How is quicktime going to run ActiveX?

Well it seems they have to use IE, as it only has activeX.

Otherwise better than using the browser alltogether would be to install the desktop software

I know what you are talking about but i cant understand

google chrome or firefox does not allow you to use active x so he need to run it in i.e.

ActiveX is only supported by Internet Explorer (and browsers built on top of Internet Explorer) on Windows. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and others do not support ActiveX

Tell me something , you mean that you cant see your dvr remote or control it with other browser?

Or he want to do something else and you cant do it with other than ie, because he mentioned i cant see live feeds.

Sorry if i cant undestand something

For the majority of DVR's out there, you cannot view your DVR with any other browser other than IE because IE has a specific program called Active X that no other browser has. The DVR uses the Avtive X in order to operate correctly.

Some of the DVR's that are coming out now are not browser specific but I would say the majority require the use of IE.

@KAE Whenever you login, switch the network to "Internet" instead of "LAN". This will enable the smaller substream bitrate which requires less bandwidth. Perhaps you have a slow internet connection and its taking forever for the cameras to pop up using the "LAN" method.

Ok i am sorry then i have used AVtech cpcam dvr up to now and i was refering to them i thought that, all of them can work as the above (with other browsers)

Actually AvTech used a mixture of ActiveX and Java for years, only more recently they switched to quicktime. But AvTech (sold under Cpcam name also for marketing) is still one of the worst quality DVRs in the world, I know, I have one.

yes, i cant stress enough using internet explorer to dial into dvr's can save you time and effort.

looking at the web app login screen this is an everfocus dvr904(or similar generic dvr)...

the 3 ports that are assigned on the dvr i serviced recently are as follows

http 8100

media 9000

mobile 15619

g'luck

On the flip side, one can install IE tabs for Chrome and after installing the activeX first in IE or manually, they can then use the activeX within Chrome.