hexalor

Recordiing Wireless CCTV Question

Hi,

sorry for the noob question, but I have just purchased a wireless cctv camera and receiver on ebay and need to find out how I can record off of it for a reasonable price.

It is basic system I purchased off of ebay, for outdoor use.

I don't have a spare PC or monitor to show the images on but only need it to record constantly, reason being it will be used to monitor my car which has been vandalised on several occasions I want to find out who is doing this. So I can go back and see the date/time the damage occurred.

Can I use a DVR card without having it connected to dedicated PC which would have to stay on?

The camera I purchased was :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180616641715&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Would really appreciate some help here

Thanks

Martin

Hi,

sorry for the noob question, but I have just purchased a wireless cctv camera and receiver on ebay and need to find out how I can record off of it for a reasonable price.

It is basic system I purchased off of ebay, for outdoor use.

I don't have a spare PC or monitor to show the images on but only need it to record constantly, reason being it will be used to monitor my car which has been vandalised on several occasions I want to find out who is doing this. So I can go back and see the date/time the damage occurred.

Can I use a DVR card without having it connected to dedicated PC which would have to stay on?

The camera I purchased was :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180616641715&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Would really appreciate some help here

Thanks

Martin

something like this might help you.

491-1.jpg

This neat, compact recording box has full digital video recording functionality but, instead of recording to a hard disk, it records video footage to SD card.

Time and date stamping, motion detection recording (sensitivity adjustable), scheduled recording, real time recording speed (adjustable between 1-30fps), 640x480 VGA resolution recording, recording overwrite option, takes up to 16G SD card and if purchased with our 12v rechargeable battery pack it is a truly portable and covert CCTV recording option (supplied as standard with 12v mains power adaptor).

It's a one channel recorder and will even give you an estimation of recording time left on your SD card. You can connect to your TV for playback or simply remove the SD card and playback on your PC or laptop by using an SD card reader.

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and cannot find it for sale over here, google search did not list any for sale. A dvr system like that would it just connect up to the receiver and record and are most dvr recorders compatible with all cctv cameras?

Thanks for your help

Martin

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and cannot find it for sale over here, google search did not list any for sale. A dvr system like that would it just connect up to the receiver and record and are most dvr recorders compatible with all cctv cameras?

Thanks for your help

Martin

hi martin. yes your camera will link to that unit. but you will have problems with your wireless as it 2.4ghz and you will have all sorts of problems baby monitors / wifi / blue tooth / next doors remote door bell will all knock out your video.

so i would just link your camera upto the unit direct.

Hello Martin

Just taken a look at the wireless kit you have and, with that manual tuning dial on the receiver, it seems to be a 1.2GHz unit.

This is not really for use in the UK and if you're going wireless then you should, strictly speaking, stay with the 2.4GHz frequency band.

Then, if you do stay with the 2.4GHz frequency band, you can have problems with wireless interference from other household appliances just as Tom has mentioned.

Seeing as your camera is a dual unit (wireless or wired) I would do as Tom says and hard wire directly into the Mobi DVR - we stock the Mobi DVR but not sure if I can post a link on here or if it's regarded as spamming......