Got a client with the following problem:

He has a laundromat, and since about a month ago, he lost the person who would open and close the place, so he want's to put a automatic lock in the front door, so that at, let's say 10pm at night, the door locks itself.

And at 6am, the door lock opens. Nothing fancy like a card reader or anything, just that he can open it with a regular key.

What is there that I can do for him? he has a 16 Channel I-VIEW system installed, and I might want to put the door on one of the relay output so that I can open it remotely just in case we need to do that.

Thanks

Ademco Vista 50 Alarm Control (or higher). Scheduling allows you to turn the alarm on or off at certain times. Add in an Ademco relay and you are set to go.

Not familiar with I-view. But the cheapest and simplest solution for this problem is to make this thing yourself

If I-view can trigger controls at specific times, that:

1) took simple relay

2) take electromagnet or even better electronic lock (I think this thing is called electronic lock you know.. the thingy that is used in all card entrance and similar system: if you get signal it’s locket if – not open

3) Install everything

if you don’t have possibility to trigger controls at specified time – you can use hardware timers.

Just not sure how to cheaply an in humane way solve problems of locked people overnight or someone leaving something between the doors to prevent them from closing.

Altronix makes an access control power supply. You could use this with the Altronix digital timer. You can program schedules... Cheapest way to do it.