Of course it is. That's the nature of interlaced video - if there is any movement between one field and the next, you get jagged edges. Just because your DVR has some deinterlacing software that makes it less obvious doesn't mean it's not there.

As I said it has nothing to do with the camera, there are no jagged edges on the camera's video directly on a monitor - plug it into a DVR then perhaps. But it will differ from one DVR to the next.

Well, they sure stopped me from capturing license plates of passing cars from my office window.

My initial efforts involved an analog camera hooked up to a video capture card. The interlaced images that resulted never yielded a legible plate, not even once. When I replaced that analog camera with a progressive scan IP camera in the exact same location, the license plates were captured sharp and clear. Could I have eventually gotten that analog camera to work? Probably. But the progressive scan IP camera did a much better job with a lot less work. As Charlie Sheen would say, that's winning.

Well we've been doing this for years and no problems from "jagged edges" LOL. Actually just look at my image above of the BW bullet .. no jagged lines right? Some cameras do though, but still not direct on the monitor, only after it has gone through the DVR. Thing is, you mentioned a CNB camera but not what system you used, the system makes a huge difference.

Ive done licence plate capture before and it worked great.

I dont know, even though the following is not a licence plate capture camera .. i think I can make it out just fine

file.php?id=1955