Soundy

Can anyone ID this??

I've come into possession of what appears to be a network video encoder box... the MAC address (00:0D:D5:00:58:E5) IDs as belonging to "O'RITE TECHNOLOGY CO." (can't find anything in the way of an actual company website); unit model number is IP-200.

One end has BNC Video IN and Video OUT jacks and an RCA Audio IN jack, other end has 5VDC power jack and network jack. One side has a slide switch labeled "MIC SWITCH" with positions, INT/OFF/EXT; other side has a small hole that appears to be a mic.

My DHCP server isn't receiving any requests from it, so it's probably got a hardcoded IP already... hoping for either a hard-reset button, or a "finder" utility.

FOUND IT!!!

B1000404186-1.jpg

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Low-Cost/p/bg/1000404186.htm

Here it is on Alibaba:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/10812166/O_RITE_AV_IP_Network_Box.html

This site has info on how to use it, like default passwords and such.

In terms of connecting to it you should be able to let it connect and get an IP, then login on port 80 with password guest, guest. There must be a small hole to reset with a paperclip?

Nice - your geek-fu surpasses even my own!

I suspect this unit already has an IP configured and DHCP disabled, as my DHCP server sees no requests from it. I thought about the pinhole perhaps being a reset, but the switch on the other side indicates it has an internal mic, which I suspect is the actual purpose of that hole... and I don't want to damage that by jamming something sharp in it.

Guess I need to find the "IP Edit" software that's supposed to be bundled with it.

Nice, found the software... it actually sees the box and lets me configure it! Now I just have to figure out the login...

Turns out the hole on the side IS a reset button... and it requires no login by default.

This thing actually ain't bad... up to 640x480, H.264, supports PPPoE dialup, motion-detect email and FTP...

Thanks, guys!

Any time!

Got any test pics?

It's interesting how these little 'companies' offer these devices which can be ordered in bulk through these sites. I wonder how it got from over there (china?) to you! I don't see any place online where they are sold.

I'll grab some screenshots a bit later. Feeding it off my portable DVD player at the moment, keeps up nicely with the full-speed movement. Next step is to see if Vigil will support it (maybe with generic H.264 RTSP stream).

Alrighty... here are a few snaps of the interface, and a couple stills from the DVD source...

CamImg-1.jpg

CamImg2-1.jpg

Fullscreen20capture20223201120091255-1.jpg

Fullscreen20capture20223201120091331-1.jpg

Fullscreen20capture20223201120091353-1.jpg

Fullscreen20capture20223201120091413-1.jpg

Fullscreen20capture20223201120091448-1.jpg

Fullscreen20capture20223201120091509-1.jpg

Yeah, love them... they officially called it quits a few years ago and released this DVD of their "Farewell" tour. Includes a fantastic acoustic set with a guest appearance by Greg X. Volz. You can find clips on YouTube.