ei0675

geovision 16ch not showing all channels

ok so got called to a client whos installer has gone. he has a eovision 16 channel sysytem with 11 cameras however only 6 are showing.

on flying lead 1 (blue) ch1 -4 and ch8

on flying lead 2 (black) ch11

so i tested each camera individually with a test monitor all are working.

so taking a ca moeras from a non viewing channel to a viewing channel its also working so the cameras not the issue.

going into setting:

all channels are active and all channels are configured the same. when i go to camera set up and say on channel 10 the camera shows in the set up window but not the main window.

Also if i disconnect a camera from a viewing channel i get video loss text but on other channels only have a geovision logo. i cant figure this one out. what am i missing??

Which GV card is in it?

did you shut don and reboot?

Blue screen/black screen with missing ones or does it say geovision?

Check user view settings under password setup?

PM on its way

Can you be more specific, which channel #'s are not working. Are they paired?? Meaning this... the following channels are "paired" if you will

1/5/9/13

2/6/10/14

3/7/11/15

4/8/12/16

If you have bad cameras on all of one line (meaning cameras 1/5/9/13 dont work OR 2/6/10/14 dont work, etc...) then its something on the card thats blown.

Ive had this happen on numerous cards, where something shorts out the board. i BELIEVE geovision uses chips on the board, where 1 chip does 4 cameras, and if that chip gets fried, you lose those 4 channels. They are usually aligned in a row veritcally too. Thats my experience anyway, if you could be more detailed about which channel #'s are out, that would help.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies

Neutech: yes was the settings in password, channels were not highlighted so were not showing, all working now a very happy client

Thanks

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies

Neutech: yes was the settings in password, channels were not highlighted so were not showing, all working now a very happy client

Thanks

Where do i send the invoice to

any time shout away i might even be in the area

info

system windows xp sp3

2 gig memory ddr2

conroe 1333 dvi/h mainboard on board graphics changing to pci express once geovision card up and running fully

500gb sata hard drive

geovision dvr card pci 16 camera inputs + 4 audio inputs

800v3 audio

the card has 650/750/800 v3.01

version installed 7.05 with usb key

all drivers installed first before gv v7.05 installed on same hdrive but its only a test system first to get things going

ive read the above but its not what im seeing

ive got 1-12 cameras showing and working by removal of the camera and putting it on each link to test the signal is being received through the wire

but 13-16 cameras not working or showing on the viewing panel

been into the password setup and it shows cameras 1-12 with a tick in the boxes 13-16 are unticked i cant find no way of being able to get them working

i could have a 12 camera pci instead of a 16 camera pci card but not sure it does have a 12 port s1 sticker thoe

as its the first pc dvr that ive built up

could you please advice

Hey Gaz

Confirm again , does it say 12 port S1 on the geo card? If so its only a 12 Channel DVR you can have then, is there 2 serial cables?

If not and it says 16 port S1 then you need to log i as the admin or supervisor to allow you to change the settings under password, this will allow you to select the 4 missing

Hope this helps

it does say 12 port s1 stuck on one of the chips of the geovision card

it does have 2 serial cables at the plug ends at back of the card 1 black 1 blue cables

there is no other passwords to the system except admin as its a brand new install of xp sp3

as needed the admin password to gain access into the geovison software

thankyou for your advice

but it is looking like its a 12 port dvr card i didnt even know one existed