ssmith10pn

Exporting video as exe will not run on computers..

Exporting video as exe will not run on computers without Remote View Log installed.

I got a stunning surprise when I exported some video for the police and it won't play on computers that don't have Geovision installed.

Windows Media player will come up and the time line progresses but the screen is black.

Suggestions?

They will need to be logged on as an Admin, or right click run as admin.

Also they may need to restart the computer and try to play it again.

What OS are you having these problems with?

XP PRO,

I even tried it on my wife's Win7 64 bit laptop and I get the same thing.

It's like there is a codec missing that Geo is not supplying.

That's on a 8.3.4 system.

I had a single camera video off of a 8.4 system saved as an .avi and it played fine.

I'm going to try saving a multi camera clip as an avi and see what happens.

I never use the EXE anyway, I normally use the Ezviewlog and it loads the codecs every time, also gives you the full playback software, just like sitting on the DVR.

I honestly cant remember if the EXE is supposed to load the codec also, you should see a dos window though as it installs the codec, at least thats how geo does it with Ezviewlog.

Other than that there are other ways also: Bear in mind some of these are quite old, but idea is still useful.

viewtopic.php?t=9760

viewtopic.php?t=14177

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo8320activex.asp

Also there may be some other codecs on your computer that is causing it to fail - eg if you installed any codec packs.

Instead of "Save as AVI" (with exe option), try using "Backup". Make sure "Include Player" is checked (should be the default). With this you can playback single or all cameras that you saved with ezviewlog player.

Guys you are great help. Thanks you very much for the suggestions.

Here's what appears to be the real problem.

This incident is a fight. That fight and the take down spans across multiple cameras.

You really need to be in multiview to see all the angles and parties involved as well as the action leading up to the fight.

A: Easy Viewer is to complicated for the untrained person to use. And, it only allows you to see one camera at a time.

If I save the 16 channels as an AVI or exe and Geovision is installed, Windows media will play the 16 channel matrix so it must be a codec or active x issue.

If geovision is not installed windows media is a black screen.

I'm going to sift through Rory's suggestions and see what I can come up with.

I tried the backup method and like I said it's like Remote viewer lite. You have to highlight the events you want to play and multiview in not avaible.

I'm going to try it with 8.4 and see if it makes a difference but I doubt it will.

BTW,

Using the backup method the files are freaking huge!

30 min. of 4 cameras is 760 MB. It wont even fit on a CD.

I think I found the problem!

I just ran a test on a 8.4 system and it worked.

If you save as an AVI there is a new dropdown on the settings tab to select the compression.

If you choose Mpeg4 all 16 cameras play in windows media player!

Hi All,

When dealing with either Emergency Services or other parties (Lawyers etc etc) that need to view footage, my options are now down to either of two options (Geo 8.3.4.0):

Save as an EXE, or

burn a copy of "GeoCodecReg" folder from Geovision install (Or /local/ on the install dvd).

This allows them to install the codec before viewing the footage.

Save as EXE seems to have a quick install for the codec then launch the same avi file.

GeoCodecReg seems quite stable and capable also, but requires a seperate install before launghing

Save as EXE seems to have a quick install for the codec then launch the same avi file.

It worked fine on single cameras but on a multiview clip it would just be a black screen on Windows Media unless geovision Remote View Log was installed.