harminator

Help with alternate megapixel system design

I've designed an analog system for a parking lot application & want to look at a megapixel solution as an alternative.

Here's the layout: 2 parking lots outside of a gymnasium. One on the south side & one on the east side. 2 rows of 16 parking slots approximately 40 feet from the building. Low light, 2 light poles at night. Cold winters & warm summers, anything from -20 to 100 degrees.

Analog system design consists of 8 cameras (CNB-VCM24VFH), 4 on each side & a 16-ch/2TB DVR.

Features needed:

- expandability. If this goes well, there are 3 other building to tie together.

- ability to view recorded & live footage via LAN

- ability to view recorded & live footage remotely

- 2 week minimum record time, 30 days better

- PoE (not a deal breaker, but would be easier)

- Main server area is in a separate building, there is a network cable available between buildings

Been looking at some 2MP cameras from Ganz & Vivotek based on a distributor recommendation. Seen Exacq mentioned a lot here & checked out their website a little. Was thinking a 4 camera setup with NVR might be a comparable alternative.

What would be some recommendations for a comparable coverage megapixel setup? Under $9k for budget.

Thanks!

What are your objectives? Be as specific as possible. For example, if someone burglarizes a car, do you want to confirm the time of day of the burglary? Do you want to count the number of people involved in the crime? Do you hope to make an arrest?

Best,

Christopher

I've designed an analog system for a parking lot application & want to look at a megapixel solution as an alternative.

What would be some recommendations for a comparable coverage megapixel setup? Under $9k for budget.

Thanks!

Here is what u can expect from megapix

pix size was reduce for forum

any ?

1024x768-1.jpg

and one more for you

05-1.jpg

The goals are to deter burglary/vandalism and/or evidence for prosecution.

Cars are occasionally parked there overnight.

Can you give me a specific scenario? Here are some possible scenarios:

Scenario 1) Someone breaks a car window at 1 am, they remove a GPS, your security guard hears a noise, calls the police, the burglar is apprehended with the GPS and arrested, and the camera video is given to the DA as evidence.

Scenario 2) Someone breaks a car window at 1 am, they remove a GPS, you discover the broken window and missing GPS the next morning at 9am, you review the video, give the video to the police, they identify and arrest the burglar, and the video is given to the DA for evidence.

Which of those two scenarios is the best description of your objective?

Best,

Christopher

Ask for some night time shots

and what is value of CNB cameras shots ( day or night ) posted in this forum done at CIF resolution ?

few more for fun

5 mp day ( was reduce for forum)

5mpdaysmall-1.jpg

and zoom in after the fact

woow they are kissing

5mpzoomin-1.jpg

5 mp night

standard street ,standart street light

5mpnightsmall-1.jpg

Personally, I am done with Analog s...t

On retail level only sell to end user who wants to do himself

and what is value of CNB cameras shots ( day or night ) posted in this forum done at CIF resolution ?

About $100, dead cheap and does the job

Can you give me a specific scenario? Here are some possible scenarios:

Scenario 1) Someone breaks a car window at 1 am, they remove a GPS, your security guard hears a noise, calls the police, the burglar is apprehended with the GPS and arrested, and the camera video is given to the DA as evidence.

Scenario 2) Someone breaks a car window at 1 am, they remove a GPS, you discover the broken window and missing GPS the next morning at 9am, you review the video, give the video to the police, they identify and arrest the burglar, and the video is given to the DA for evidence.

Which of those two scenarios is the best description of your objective?

Best,

Christopher

Evidence quality video with no guard on duty, so #2.

Analog s...t

When you insult all the professionals and others on this forum that use that alleged "Analog s...t" by calling the products they make their living from, "s...t" .. it sure does not earn their respect for your presence on this forum, a forum which was created for that alleged "Analog s...t", and which 99% of this forum uses. Just saying ...

Analog s...t

When you insult all the professionals and others on this forum that use that alleged "Analog s...t" by calling the products they make their living from, "s...t" .. it sure does not earn their respect for your presence on this forum, a forum which was created for that alleged "Analog s...t", and which 99% of this forum uses. Just saying ...

Here we go again

I simply express my own opinion

no more no less

I was not trying to insult you or anybody else

You using word "ALL"

Is "ALL" = Rory ?

Rory seriously I am not in mood for fight

lets stop it please

Thx

About $100, dead cheap and does the job

Of Course it does the job

Customer never seen megapix cams

Hey, Alex, that street looks familiar...

Neat how you can plug the phone number from the window into Google Maps and get the exact location: http://goo.gl/maps/zHME

I was waiting for you to have a look and figure out locations

Avigilon cam live demo location

... give the video to the police, they identify and arrest the burglar, ...

Evidence quality video with no guard on duty, so #2.

That's what most people want. Unfortunately, it's an extremely unlikely scenario. Unless there is a very serious crime, the police are not going to analyze the video and attempt to identify the burglar, and even in the case of a serious crime, a positive identification from video taken at night is rare. If there are areas where no one should be during the night, then motion sensors combined with cameras will work, but if car owners can come and go during the night, then motion sensors won't help either.

Best,

Christopher