prinler

New Installation with PTZ and more.

Hey guys, new to the boards! I need some help with picking out some devices. Its for my Father Inlaw so i dont wanna look like a fool.

I have been doing some googling and have found alot of companies with generic looking DVR's and simple cameras that cost more then gold.

What we need:

1. 8 Ch DVR (upgrade ability)

2. 2 nice PTZ cameras.

3. 2 nice night cameras

4. Would like a nice keyboard with joystick

Issues im dealing with:

Mojave desert, roof temps here get over 150F and the winter was around 20F

Each cam will be mounted together on a pole we will install on the apex of the house. back to back.

I need someone who is good at this to tell me the best reliable Standalone DVR. I would like 1TB - 2TB (can and will upgrade myself)

I showed him a proposal for some CNB stuff and he liked it. When i looked online and how to actually purchase it it looks hoky poky. Korea not my favorite place to purchase things from either. Can someone tell me some really good units? I dont mind miss matching.

I have like a 3$ budget. DVR, Keyboard, 2 PTZ Cams night cams are optional for alittle later down the line.

Thanks guys for your expertise.

I have like a 3$ budget.

I assume you meant 3 grand budget.

2 PTZs and a joystick will eat that up.

You didn't mention the conditions. How far do the PTZs need to look?

The only place a PTZ really belongs is where someone is sitting in front of it all the time scanning things like parking lots as a spot camera to support fixed cameras.

For middle of the road I would look at Everfocus.

the conditions? He wants to be able to zoom in down the drive way. Its a 16 acre lot. lemme see if i can google map.

1-4.jpg

Its the house with the red rocks... the fence line is something we are interested in monitoring in the north end. people are pist he put up a fence (didnt want them walking threw his yard with there dogs and stuff on there way to get beer...) So they toss stuff over like oil jugs and it leaks old batteries and stuff... then they call the county say hes dumping it. Hes in the automotive industry so you know it looks likely.

$3000 yeah! He wants good stuff. I was thinking around $1000 each PTZ cam. Whats a DVR for 8 chan? less then $1000 im sure.

lemme know what you suggest hes ready to buy today.

Steve

I feel bad about your father in law and I know you are trying to help, but it is not going to help you to sugar coat this. The reason you are not getting very many replies is $3000.00 is totally unrealistic for this job as well as the cameras you tentatively picked out. As mentioned PTZ cameras are only good if you plan to have an operator running it. The only exception would be if you have clear line of site over your whole property and you have specific areas to routinely check. Then you could program the camera for a canned patrol cycle. You say you have 16 acres!!! How much of that do you want covered by cameras. Two night cameras will just about cover 40 feet of fence line. Think of it this way, a good analog camera is 640 x 480, this will give good face recognition on a front porch. This same camera covering a two car garage would be pushed to the limit for face recognition. Now how many front porches would fit on the fence line you want to cover? This is how many cameras you need, and I am talking about mounted near the fence line. The only other way to reduce the amount of cameras is to use IP mega pixel cameras. However these cameras typically have bad night vision unless you spend $1200 and up on them. A 1.3 mega pixel camera is 1280 x 960 and can take the place of two analog 640 x 480 cameras. The CNB cameras you do not like are $150 each 640 x 480 and go down to around .002 lux or so, and are probably the best bang for the buck there is. You have to spend 3 to 4 times more to get just a little better.

You have so many problems to overcome with this job I do not even know where to start. Because of the size of this property the 300 feet limit of IP cameras will come into play. For analog cameras I am thinking 3000 feet for RG6 but I am going from memory. If you decide to use both types of cameras I am not sure a standalone dvr is available.

This job will get very complex and expensive very quickly. You need to clearly define what you expect the system to do. What areas do you want covered, Do you want license plate recognition, face recognition, and what about lighting. Even low lux cameras need IR or white light. And it is best not to have the IR light on the camera, use stand alone emitters properly placed for best illumination. And do not forget all of the cameras, repeaters for IP, and lighting needs to wired up and mounted. Just burying the cable to the lights and cameras is no small job by itself.

Korea not my favorite place to purchase things from either

Keep in mind that is where all of the top quality surveillance equipment is made.

Ok I'm gonna try to reply via my iPhone.

Ok I completely agree with you. To do it properly I need alot. I don't need to see faces. In my case I'm going to place a large pole on the edge of the house. Mount all the cameras on the pole facing different directions. I figure a 6mm lens will do roughly 75deg of coverage. Faces are not something we need to see except on the north wall. Thats why I wanted a ptz. He has a specific place he wants to see closely. I want him to have the ability to zoom in and visually scan te fence line for dumping. I took the above advise and contacted everfocus. The team there helped me with some ideas. They also tried to talk me out of tr ptz. So im leaning twords 3?decent day night cams to cover the open areas for general coverage and the one ptz to make him happy. Oh and a fixed zoomed cam for the gate. Best I can do. Everfocus products all around looking at like 3600$ for it. Gonna make him fork out more $

Thanks for the help.