I have a job at a school where someone is illegally dumping rubbish on the playground at night. In order to do this they need a key so the principal thinks its a staff member.

Unfortunately, the dump site is about 100m (300 odd ft) from the nearest building to mount the camera and as its at night, I need an IP camera with an IR range of 100m.

Suggestions?

I have a job at a school where someone is illegally dumping rubbish on the playground at night. In order to do this they need a key so the principal thinks its a staff member.

Unfortunately, the dump site is about 100m (300 odd ft) from the nearest building to mount the camera and as its at night, I need an IP camera with an IR range of 100m.

Suggestions?

Easy

good IP megapix and lots IR

4all-1.jpg

Easy

good IP megapix and lots IR

Is that Avigilon?

Funny

but on another hand

may be I should fit in inside

will be my new demo

supplier claims about 250 meters for IR range

how do u like this monster

1-1.jpg

Funny

but on another hand

may be I should fit in inside

will be my new demo

supplier claims about 250 meters for IR range

how do u like this monster

1-1.jpg

Wow .. LOL .. I am lost for words

Agree on the Raytec recommendation.

Technically, you need two separate components for this:

1) A camera, lensed accordingly to give you the detail you require of the scene.

2) An illumination source (most likely IR) capable of providing sufficient illumination at the target.

These are two separate devices, each with their own selection criteria. It's unlikely you'll find one device that fulfills both needs properly. If at all possible, I would try to place the IR illuminators as close to the playground as possible. Since they just need power and not network, you may have more flexibility than with the camera side of the equation.