colombiancctv

Recording Time question...HELPPPPP

I have a question about recording time.

I have 26 AVTECH DVRs with a 500GB Hard Drive each. I need to know how much space I need, in a remote server, to keep 8 months worth of information from each of the DVRs. Aditional information:

- The DVR has been configured to store 3 images por second.

- Each image has 512(h)x 492(v) resolution on NTSC format

- It records from 8:00AM - 6:00AM 6 days a week. The extra day and aditional time of each day it records by motion detection.

My IT Department is asking how much space I need in the server, but I have no idea what to tell them. Please HELPPPP

Thanks a lot friends!!

I have a question about recording time.

I have 26 AVTECH DVRs with a 500GB Hard Drive each. I need to know how much space I need, in a remote server, to keep 8 months worth of information from each of the DVRs. Aditional information:

- The DVR has been configured to store 3 images por second.

- Each image has 512(h)x 492(v) resolution on NTSC format

- It records from 8:00AM - 6:00AM 6 days a week. The extra day and aditional time of each day it records by motion detection.

My IT Department is asking how much space I need in the server, but I have no idea what to tell them. Please HELPPPP

Thanks a lot friends!!

hi colombiancctv. how many cameras do you have on each system and it also depends on how much movment you have on your cameras.

but say 18hrs constent record and 6hrs motion record for each day. on say a 4 way dvr you would need at most 4TB a month. so work on each camera as 1TB a month. but you could half that if you set your dvrs to motion only.

If you look at how much ecah DVR is holding now, on 500GB, it should be easy to calculate what you need for 8 months... eg. if a DVR holds two months' worth now, then you'll 4TB to store 8 months of *that DVR*.

Thank you guys. I know I am missing vital information such as the recording time that is on the DVRs now. Provably it would be easier if I have such info; However, I just need an estimate in space to tell the IT guys.