Robert Oaks

problem opening recorded CD

From the data backup program on a GEO-600, I selected a 10 minute segment of recorded pictures. This was successfully transfered to hard disk, and shows up as SIBK050619. Ahead Nero copied this to a CD. It shows up correctly on the recorded CD. I open the CD, and then click EZViewLog500 (as per usual). I then get the message:

"Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library" is on the top blue line of the box.

"Runtime Error! Program: F:\SIBK050619\EZViewLog500.EXE

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Operating system is Win 2000 pro

This system is in a commercial bank, and we need to supply Police with CD due to a fraud check.

If anyone can help me solve this, I will be most greatful. Thank you. Robert

what version of software are you using?

may also want to suggest that if it 6.01 or older that you transfer the raw video data to an external drive. Supply the police with the RPB Client and let them open the files through that, versus using eZView. We have seen this before, I just do not remember exactly why or how we fixed it.

scottj

Make sure if they have some Microsoft Visual Studio installed (Visual C++, Visual Basic, Etc) to turn off Script Debugging as any little error in any windows program will invoke this type of message. Course could just be win2000 issue .. never used it ..

Thanks for sugestion Rory; I built this computer, and am not aware of any "Microsoft Visual C ++". How would I try to locate this item? Thanks again Rory. Robert

If it was there it would be in the Programs list under "Microsoft Visual Studio"

Doesnt sound like that is the issue then ... check though for Script Debugging on Start Up. Im not familiar with Windows 2000 but maybe someone else cane help as to where to look for that .. definetely check CTRL-ALT-DEL and see if there is anything that resembles it, then also if you are familiar with RegEdit, chedk the Local Machine and Local User and Microsoft, Windows, Current Version, and Run or Run Service ..

May also just need to reinstall the GEO software .. maybe it is just corupt .. if so and reinstalling remedies it, could mean some other problems like bad HDD .. anyway, im not a GEO pro so best check with the other guys on that.

Rory