Todd

Cpu usage drops to zero

Weird problem. Had to reload Windows on my system and along with it all the other software including Geo 8.4.

Everything seems to work fine except every minute, 30 seconds, 2 minutes the system will drop to 0 cpu usage for 1-10 seconds (varies all over the board) and then resumes it's normal 30-40% cpu utilization while recording. During that stretch, video will freeze and it shows up on the hard drives as well. I'm seeing this through the task manager.

Uninstalled geo software and reinstalled, no luck. Not seeing this with other programs yet It would be hard to detect.

I have noticed a fair amount of lag when using viewlog and changing days. It can take several seconds for the video picture to pop up after I click a time frame. That could be the 0% cpu usage happening. Haven't checked that.

This was a working system for the last year or more. I did reformat all storage drives (the long way).

I'm open to suggestions. Drivers? Bad Geo install? Board going bad? Hard drive going bad?

I'm thinking of load testing it with prime 95 or something. Anyone seen this?

Asus P5ql/epu

Q6600

geforce 210 gpu

Wd Raptor 74gig OS drive

WD Black storage 1TB

Seagate XT 2TB storage

Maxtor 300gig storage (wasn't using but connected)

Ocz mod stream pro 500W psu

4 gig ddr2 8500

Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate)

Have it narrowed down. Bad Sata controller or at least going bad or a bad hard drive. Data was backing up to write to the hard drive and that was causing it.