element

mux16tc multiplexer burnout on 8th cam install

An hour after I installed the 8th camera on my mux16tc multiplexer, the unit froze up completely. I reset the power and now all it does is beep continuously when plugged in, no system check, cams or no cams. Thinking the unit was just used up, I plugged in an identical multiplexer backup only to have the exact same thing happen after 30 minutes. Any ideas why this would happen? Logic says something with the new camera, but when I plug in each camera to test individually to a monitor they all seem fine. Now I am scared to try a quad backup or new dvr until I have more answers..

An hour after I installed the 8th camera on my mux16tc multiplexer, the unit froze up completely. I reset the power and now all it does is beep continuously when plugged in, no system check, cams or no cams. Thinking the unit was just used up, I plugged in an identical multiplexer backup only to have the exact same thing happen after 30 minutes. Any ideas why this would happen? Logic says something with the new camera, but when I plug in each camera to test individually to a monitor they all seem fine. Now I am scared to try a quad backup or new dvr until I have more answers..

have you tried putting a volt meter across your BNCs (outer and inner pin) and see if readings are the same. (everything powered up)

have you tried putting a volt meter across your BNCs (outer and inner pin) and see if readings are the same. (everything powered up)

Yeah, sounds like the camera in question is throwing back some voltage to the mux, I've had that before but not with a mux - faulty cam.

**SORRY GUYS MISREAD ELEMENTS ORIGINAL POST - DISREGARD**

Edited by Guest

The problem you are having is with the power supply that you are providing to the mux. We have the same model and if you do not use a power supply that has atleast 2.5amps, then you will have the problems that you are stating.