Sign in to follow this  
dvrslon

intellex issue

hi to all !!

first thing first, I'm newbe and have few questions

I have intellex 2.1 with floppy disk, win98 and bad hdd so I need new one and new instalation

Where can I find 2.1 image or recovery cd and how can I upgrade to let's say 2.5?

what's the most important is how to add license key (other intellex have 16 sw key numbers but this one have only 12 numbers)

and one more question

license key is it same as sw key ??

Thanks

ok I manage to find recovery cd (image file) but now it ask for license key and after inserting mac address, serial number I can't find license key !! All I have is sw key but it doesn't work if I type it.

Please can anyone tell me how to create proper license file or how to get one.

The one who helps me get double cheeseburger and two packs of best beer money can buy

ok I manage to find recovery cd (image file) but now it ask for license key and after inserting mac address, serial number I can't find license key !! All I have is sw key but it doesn't work if I type it.

Please can anyone tell me how to create proper license file or how to get one.

The one who helps me get double cheeseburger and two packs of best beer money can buy

Which recovery CD set did you find??? Was it for version 2.1 or different?

If your system was an original version 2.1 and if you are using restore CD version 2.1, then your SW key will work. Any other variations will not.

Provided that you did not change the motherboard and changed only the hard drive, plus if the above statement is correct, then there should be no reason for your Intellex not to function.

Your version of Intellex is over 10+ years old and not even manufacturer will support it... including no support to get new SW key...

Did you change the motherboard by any chance and if so, that will be another problem... New motherboard MAC address will be different, which will cause the SW key not to respond.

Give me some more info and hopefully we can figure it out.

Thanks for answer !

I found another 2.1 intellex which is upgraded to 2.5 and I've cloned hdd for the first intellex.

After power on it asked for license. I did not change any hardware beside hdd. ( I don't know if someone before me changed motherboard. the thing is the last guy from service shop got fired and intellex are now my problem)

I have another intellex 3.0 for which I have original recovery cd and after installation also ask for license key and of course sw key on plastic door don't work

What is the procedure for getting new license key

I'm getting desperate and thinking of suicide

PS: if you said 2.1 is more than 10 years old how last service man manage to install license key cause I'm pretty sure it was not long time ago that has been repaired. It seems like he took all knowledge with him

Thanks for answer !

I found another 2.1 intellex which is upgraded to 2.5 and I've cloned hdd for the first intellex.

The above procedure will not work... If you system is version 2.1, then you have to use version 2.1 restore CDs and not upgraded version... Once you system is restored with correct SW key, then you can upgrade it to version 2.6 maximum...

After power on it asked for license. I did not change any hardware beside hdd. ( I don't know if someone before me changed motherboard. the thing is the last guy from service shop got fired and intellex are now my problem)

Again, if you duplicated another system drive, it had specific SW keys based on MAC address that was part of that system - thus it will not work with your current system.

I have another intellex 3.0 for which I have original recovery cd and after installation also ask for license key and of course sw key on plastic door don't work

Can you specify the product code (or sometimes called smart code) from this system? Looks like this version 3.0 could be yet another upgrade that changed the integrity of the system.

What is the procedure for getting new license key

I'm getting desperate and thinking of suicide

We don't want that do we? One of the ways is to contact the manufacturer - American Dynamics... they have decent technical support and sometimes they can help and give you information and sometimes they do not... Since Intellex is not an easy system to maintain, it makes no sense for them to give support when they are not benefiting... you know, corporate attitude. Send me PM and I probably can do something...

PS: if you said 2.1 is more than 10 years old how last service man manage to install license key cause I'm pretty sure it was not long time ago that has been repaired. It seems like he took all knowledge with him

Well, he took his job security with himself He probably had the serious of SW keys matching MAC addresses and probably even the procedure how to restore, setup and program... but all that is available anyway.. if you have some time to read... again, send me PM and I can give you more info.

Oh, I'm impressed that this old unit managed to work for almost two years after servicing, as it was destined for junk when I first saw it As I remember, the MoBo on that 2.1 was changed, but MAC was modified and it should work with the original SW key (as it did till now). Big salute to my ex colleagues!