Mattfox27

Geovision 8.4 Win7 Taskbar not going away on autologin

I have built a new system for geovision gv-1240 card everything works good but now after activating the webserver when the system starts up and autologs in to fullscreen mode the windows taskbar doesn't go away and it sits there with the geovision icon flashing, then when i click the icon it goes away, anyone expirenced this?

Running Win7 pro X64

I know this isnt what your after - but perhaps auto-hide the bar?

that would give you an immediate solution.

is there any fancy theme running on win7 ? have you tried using the classic theme?

It sounds like its probably the webserver stealing focus off the app when it goes full screen - Effectively allowing windows to make it full screen background.

Which version GV software are you running?

-Bob

Ya i don't want to use the autohide option if i can help it. Its just win7 basic theme nothing fancy. Its just weird after enabling web now the geovision icon pops up in the taskbar and starts flashing but theirs no other window open or anything. Its Ver 8.4

Yeah the same thing happens to me. Its because something from the the geovision software loads after the system is up and it causes the taskbar to the foreground. I don't think there is anything to stop it other than Geovision changes the order that the software loads the different processes.

Disable all the funky Win 7 graphics .. classic only, disable the taskbar thumbnail preview .. and do all the usual performance tweaks as done with XP ..

other than that sounds like you have something else coming up on start up, maybe an Antivirus or Windows defender or some Win7 thing?

Could also be something to do with screen res or some graphics thing .. lots of variables .. Geo should be ontop though when in full screen. You could always disable "Keep the taskbar ontop of other Windows" (XP, not sure of the wording in Win7)

Ya its weird....i disabled all that stuff and just running win classic no AV or WInDef, very strange because it didn't start to happen until i enabled web service...