meno

Vehicle setup advice please

Hi, have been browsing and searching for a while now and love the site

Im after the following, a reliable dvr for in car use for a front and rear camera.

Needs to record at least D1 @ 25fps on each channel.

Auto record/stop on ignition.

Must display on dash monitor and record together.

Hdd good for increased capacity, would consider a SSD Drive.

GPS date time speed overlay would be good.

Have read about the mob1304net but cannot confirm if it fits my needs and if it needs a wifi addon to enable wireless as i cant find a seller in the uk that will help, i dont see a wifi addon available only a gps.

Ive seen one retailer that lists it as wifi but the description is identical to the other, they also display an "rrp price" and an "our price" which is 3 times more??

Have also read about the everfocus emv200 but the uk retailer has not answered my questions.

Was hoping one of the pros here could advise.

Many thanks

Hi, have been browsing and searching for a while now and love the site

Im after the following, a reliable dvr for in car use for a front and rear camera.

Needs to record at least D1 @ 25fps on each channel.

Auto record/stop on ignition.

Must display on dash monitor and record together.

Hdd good for increased capacity, would consider a SSD Drive.

GPS date time speed overlay would be good.

Have read about the mob1304net but cannot confirm if it fits my needs and if it needs a wifi addon to enable wireless as i cant find a seller in the uk that will help, i dont see a wifi addon available only a gps.

Ive seen one retailer that lists it as wifi but the description is identical to the other, they also display an "rrp price" and an "our price" which is 3 times more??

Have also read about the everfocus emv200 but the uk retailer has not answered my questions.

Was hoping one of the pros here could advise.

Many thanks

hi the new mob1304. will do what you need. you can now watch from your mobile phone

132051275856461applicationmob130420net-1.jpg

iStable software to fix shaking and jolts impact on video

Shockproof by rubber vibration insulator and brackets

Support 2.5" or 3.5" hot swappable HDD

Power circuit protection for peak voltage

7 Segment LED to display setting information and product status

Stable power supply for cameras and able to operate under low voltage

Provide 1 Video & I VGA output (CCTV+LCD)

Selectable function to operate the fan system automatically and stop HDD recording when overheated

2 years Warranty

Stable power supply for 4 cameras and able to operate under low voltage

GPS function – showing vehicle location and speed in both live and recorded video (GPS receiver required)

Dual-monitor function can be output as rear view monitor and general LCD or TV monitor simultaneously

The mob1304 manual states D1 records at max 15fps, can anyone confirm this, if thats so it wont meet my requirements.

Thank you

The mob1304 manual states D1 records at max 15fps, can anyone confirm this, if thats so it wont meet my requirements.

Thank you

it is 12.5 fps each channel on D1. what are your requirments. 12.5 or 15 fps is good. what are you going to be doing with it. ??

I like the "at least D1 @ 25fps" - since short of going megapixel, that's the MAXIMUM available on a PAL system.

I like the "at least D1 @ 25fps" - since short of going megapixel, that's the MAXIMUM available on a PAL system.

isnt 720HD bigger than D1 and 25fps?

Thank you

it is 12.5 fps each channel on D1. what are your requirments. 12.5 or 15 fps is good. what are you going to be doing with it. ??

Thank you, so it wont fit my requirements of 25fps on each of 2ch's

Its for motor racing.

Thank you

Thank you, so it wont fit my requirements of 25fps on each of 2ch's

Its for motor racing.

Look at the Dedicated Micros TransVu.

DM sponser a Le Mans series car (the former Stig, Ben Collins is on the team) and have the TransVu fitted recording a number of cameras, audio, GPS data and vehicle telemetry.

Loads of demo footage on the web site http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/ukftp/FLV_HUB/index.html

Ilkie

isnt 720HD bigger than D1 and 25fps?

yes... and like I said, then you're getting into the megapixel range (although technically, 720p is just a bit under 1MP), which means an entirely different type and scope of hardware than the analog system that have been discussed so far.

Look at the Dedicated Micros TransVu.

DM sponser a Le Mans series car (the former Stig, Ben Collins is on the team) and have the TransVu fitted recording a number of cameras, audio, GPS data and vehicle telemetry.

Loads of demo footage on the web site http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/ukftp/FLV_HUB/index.html

Ilkie

Excellent thanks, ive also just found the vbox video system.

For motor racing I would strongly suggest the use of solid state drives (or even large capacity memory cards) over mechanical ones. Yeah, shock mounting is good, but if using mechanical drives they will fail in a harsh vibration environment a lot sooner than if say mounted into a bus.