RamiBot

GV-650/800 V3.52 - On Windows 7

hello

On my card i can see the label: "GV-650/800 V3.52" .

I trying to install it on Windows 7 32bit, but i can't even install the driver.

the one that i have dont work with windows 7.

Can any one help me to find driver for my card?

thnks!

hello

On my card i can see the label: "GV-650/800 V3.52" .

I trying to install it on Windows 7 32bit, but i can't even install the driver.

the one that i have dont work with windows 7.

Can any one help me to find driver for my card?

thnks!

Try voicing your concerns at this website. Maybe if enough people repond, they might offer an upgrade path for your card that will allow you to run the Windows 7 version:

http://www.usavisionsys.com/support/faq.php?category=26

I paid over $300 for my card a few years back, and I really want to be able to use it with Windows 7. I do NOT want to have to re-purchase the card just to run on Windows 7. That would not be fair at all.

Try voicing your concerns at this website. Maybe if enough people repond, they might offer an upgrade path for your card that will allow you to run the Windows 7 version:

http://www.usavisionsys.com/support/faq.php?category=26

I paid over $300 for my card a few years back, and I really want to be able to use it with Windows 7. I do NOT want to have to re-purchase the card just to run on Windows 7. That would not be fair at all.

Perhaps since you bought a brand spanking new computer and a new expensive OS its time to buy a new card? Just saying .. FYI the new cards are NOT the same as the old cards *in fact they are worse BOL!! Seriously though I would bypass all that and just get a Dahua DVR .. live and network video quality is much better than Geovision.

Perhaps since you bought a brand spanking new computer and a new expensive OS its time to buy a new card? Just saying .. FYI the new cards are NOT the same as the old cards *in fact they are worse BOL!! Seriously though I would bypass all that and just get a Dahua DVR .. live and network video quality is much better than Geovision.

Sometimes, when you upgrade your system, there are items from the previous system you will want to use on your new system. For instance, I had a nice Logitech Laser mouse that works fine. Why would I want to purchase a new one? Same with my LCD panel. It was replaced a year ago, and I have no reason to upgrade it with my PC.

Same with my keyboard.

Same with my video card.

The same should be with my GEO card. I should not have to re-purchase the same GEO card to run on the new system, just as I shoudn't need to repurchase a new mouse, etc. This is a GEO flaw that has been around for a long time now.

Seriously though I would bypass all that and just get a Dahua DVR .. live and network video quality is much better than Geovision.

Due to the Geo issues I have mentioned, this thought has crossed my mind.

If Geo would just develop their software to work with the older revisions of the cards, I wouldn't consider switching, however, because they want people to re-purchase the same card over and over again, I have lost faith in Geovision and might switch.

The same should be with my GEO card. I should not have to re-purchase the same GEO card to run on the new system, just as I shoudn't need to repurchase a new mouse, etc. This is a GEO flaw that has been around for a long time now.

Im not going to defend Geo .. im moving away from them now anyway .. at least for analog.

Seems they might be devoting more resources into IP NVR stuff ..

The video quality on the new cards just suck compared to what Ive used before ... couple years ago it was actually good .. now .. dont know if its the codecs or what .. but the quality is just not there anymore, makes good cameras look like rubbish. I placed a $150 Dahua DVR next to it, plugged the same cameras in and it was 5-10 times better quality .. and yes the software worked on Windows 7 unlike Geo's DMMultiview and Remote viewlog which although they did work, could not render the overlay so everything was blocked and horrid quality.

Im not going to defend Geo .. im moving away from them now anyway .. at least for analog.

Seems they might be devoting more resources into IP NVR stuff ..

The video quality on the new cards just suck compared to what Ive used before ... couple years ago it was actually good .. now .. dont know if its the codecs or what .. but the quality is just not there anymore, makes good cameras look like rubbish. I placed a $150 Dahua DVR next to it, plugged the same cameras in and it was 5-10 times better quality .. and yes the software worked on Windows 7 unlike Geo's DMMultiview and Remote viewlog which although they did work, could not render the overlay so everything was blocked and horrid quality.

I may have to check that out, especially if it can do 8 cams. I've used Geo for so long that I haven't re-evaluated what else is out there lately and need to start doing that.

I may have to check that out, especially if it can do 8 cams. I've used Geo for so long that I haven't re-evaluated what else is out there lately and need to start doing that.

client paid cost price for the geo .. landed around $1500 card and PC parts ... after customs and shipping.

nice 4U rack mount case but .. could have sold them a 16 channel Dahua 1U size for $1000 local end user price after markup, and that would have taken 3 minutes to install and setup unlike the Geo. Ive done everything I can with the Geo to get better quality .. locally and with the network software, I have all their latest SDKs and tried them all .. the quality is just not there anymore. What is also funny is in 8.33 there are black borders on video set to 720x480, in 8.4 they now have the source at 704x480 and black borders are mostly gone. To install Geo's DMMultiview and Remote Viewlog on a number of computers, its like pulling teeth. Ended up saving the reg and hosts etc from one I set up then wrote a small program that transferred that for the other computers I installed the software on .. There are just so many annoyances with it that I Cant take it anymore.

To install Geo's DMMultiview and Remote Viewlog on a number of computers, its like pulling teeth. Ended up saving the reg and hosts etc from one I set up then wrote a small program that transferred that for the other computers I installed the software on .. There are just so many annoyances with it that I Cant take it anymore.

I agree. That's how I feel about the whole situation whereby Geo makes you re-purchase their cards to run the latest Geo version. It shouldn't be like that. If I manufacture a brand new DVR, say, like Hauppauge, I would have to support the card with driver\software updates for many years afterwards, and most other mfg's do the same.

With my Geo issue, I purchased the card 1 year, and a year later, I was not able to run the next point increase of the software. That should not happen. Geo glitches.

Has Aver or anyone else released a comparable product to say the GV650 or GV800 line? Years ago, Geo was the only decent mfg around but I'm starting to wonder these days.

FREE Remote Console Auto Login for Avermedia DVRs

sorry to bump the post. why put people though this rory. all you have to do is switch of password login on dvr. same thing . simple and dont have to down load anything

FREE Remote Console Auto Login for Avermedia DVRs

sorry to bump the post. why put people though this rory. all you have to do is switch of password login on dvr. same thing . simple and dont have to down load anything

Ok so turn that off ... if they have a DVR that has that feature .. not everyone has a newer DVR ... even so .. the download is still useful as it lets you:

1-Automatically RUNAS admin within a user account, Remote Console will not work otherwise (XP SP3 Verified, 3 Remote Console Versions from old to new).

2-Autoconnect to the DVR, you will manually have to do that yourself otherwise (auto switch).

3-Create Multiple settings files for tons of DVRs and even run them right from for example a jump drive using the installed Remote Console on different PCs, or use one single Remote Console source on the jump drive.

I put it together, it works, figured I would put it out there rather than just delete it or keep it to myself. it might not interest you but it might interest someone else. Im not saying anyone even has to use it. It is what it is. My client finds it very useful for their 1304 though

by the way here is the readme PDF that shows what it does

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/files/document/averauto.pdf

So.....

There is no driver for my card witch work on windows 7?

even not pirat one?

If you ever find one, let me know.

I own a legitimate card, and this ridiculous fact of not being able to run the latest drivers\software (win7 for example) for honest Geovision customers leads me to believe that if a pirated version existed, the customers should be able to use it.

I have not seen one anywhere however. I do not think they exist. If they did exist, it would be an avenue for Geovision customers who have been cheated by Geovision to actually be able to use what we have purchased.

I would have no problem whatsoever running a hacked version of GV code if it would mean I could use the damn card I purchased to begin with. Having to pay extra for GV driver updates is ridiculous. You don't see Nvidia charging people just to run their video card with Windows 7 drivers. How GV gets away with this fraud I will never know.

GeoVision Version 8.4 with it's drivers. dont support windows 7?

8.4 is their WORST version yet!

80-90% CPU usage on a 2.93Ghz Dual Core .. crazy stuff.

ok..

you did 2 thing.

1. you rose another question: witch ver do you reccomend?

2. you didn't answer my first one: IS 8.4 ver with it's driver, works on win7? for gv-800?

ok..

you did 2 thing.

1. you rose another question: witch ver do you reccomend?

2. you didn't answer my first one: IS 8.4 ver with it's driver, works on win7? for gv-800?

It's my understanding that 8.4 does support Win7, I'm not 100% positive, but I beleive it does.

What I am talking about however, is the fact that if you have an older Geovision card that doesn't support version 8.4, in those circumstances, you can not run a version of Geovision that supports Windows 7.

Myself and many others have the slightly older Geovision card that can not run any Geovision version past 6.x and 7.x. 6.x and 7.x GV cards will probably never be able to run Win7 without some kind of hack.