Numb-nuts

GOTCHA! Doorbell ringer caught

When kids ring your doorbell and run away, its a prank but when young adults do it it's a malicious act

and an arrest-able offence here in the UK. Once the message gets around you can't do that without

getting caught I hope they'll stop now.

All my efforts were not i vain, I captured two of the idiots tonight and police apparently know who they are.

They are going to wait until the early hours to call on this girl and cause the maximum inconvenience to her

family as they don't do anything to stop her. According to the policewoman this girl is a menace in the area.

5636484290_b97e79ca3d_m-1.jpg

Nice top...

Should send her picture in to the papers. Little public humiliation will do wonders to shut down copycat offenders.

That isn't funny at all. This should be taken seriously and should be given an appropriate action to stop her. Maybe you could post her picture in public.

I wonder what they do when the house has no doorbell?

anyway .. trespassing either way .. they are lucky the homeowners dont shoot them

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, perhaps I should post a second warning sign, "Take your top off, I'm gonna post your pic on the CCTV Forum"

Seriously though, it just shown that if you have the right frame rate you can choose from a better range of snapshots.

I printed three, one on the approach, one as you see here and one leaving. The time stamp is crucial here because it shows she was not ringing to ask for a glass of water, she rang and left immediately the whole thing taking seconds proving the intent of harassment.

Personally, I'd like to give the *** a good slap in the face but then I'd be breaking the law. My whole purpose in having CCTV was to restore law and order to the neighborhood, especially in the vicinity of my home. We suffer drunken teens, criminal damage to our fences and have our cars vandalised regularly, urinating in our/ my garden, having our plants puller up and strewn over the road.

If there is anything in the street like a stick or a rock it usually ends up being thrown at our cars or windows, so if wee see something on the street we quickly remove it.

I am shortly going to introduce my 27 X day/night PTZ camera to the front of the house in full view from a wide area. It is, I would think, quite unusual for a domestic installation of a PTZ ( In the UK at least) and so I am hoping they might think it is a local authority camera with police monitoring.

I heard that the UK has more CCTV cameras per head of population, than any other country in the world, anyone know, is that true?

Gee sounds just like home .. except add in guns and machetes

The UK never used to be that bad .. what happened, mass immigration?

I recall a couple years ago visiting the same part of London I had worked and lived in back in 92.

The place had trash all over the ground and you could see it went right downhill, probably the UK version of a Ghetto.

Course not quite as nasty as what I have to deal with everyday but still ..

Almost wanted to move back to the UK .. but with everything going on there now, with the protests FOR sharia law among other things ... dunno

ANYONE that thinks Sharia Law will EVER be introduced in the UK has a Noodle loose.

You are right though, I moved away from Wembley in London in 1998 because it was becoming too saturated with foreigners.

Now the foreigners were NOT the problem at all, just the sheer numbers of them. I have just had to move my mother into a care home there, and the population of Wembley has exploded so many fold it's almost impossible to walk the High Road. The school kids now run riot after school, so much so that mounted police patrol the High Road Wembley and pin offenders to the wall with the horses.

I kid you not, its a hell hole.

Where I now live the teenagers binge drink and try to cause trouble and harass and bully the neighborhood, only these days they are violent with it.

Yeas there is some satisfaction in capturing the offenders on camera, however the bubble bursts a bit when police say they cannot identify the person and don't turn up when the offender is outside the property or in the viscinity and can be readily identified in a crowd. They wait until the offenders are gone and then say this could be anybody... Great fellas thanks a bunch.

I am still hopeful taht the girl in the picture will frequent the neighborhood again and I will be able to identify her to police or another neighbour will know who she is. If all else fails I will offer a reward for anyone identifying this person which leads to a prosecution. Say £50.00 Reward what do you think?

Police were smiling heavily when I showed them the PTZ camera I will be installing install soon.

i'd just run a strip of razor wire about ankle height on the deck

let them try get to the doorbell then

or ..

or install a small gate .. put some ink on the handle .. when the cops catch them they can id them by the color of the ink on their hands from opening the gate.

Or here in the UK we have 240 volts ac mains, wire that to the bellpush if the postman wasn't a nice guy.

Nice thought, but then I would be in trouble with police, no it's far better to sit back and let the offenders dig themselves a nice big deep hole and record them doing it. Let the police deal with it ......eventually

ANYONE that thinks Sharia Law will EVER be introduced in the UK has a Noodle loose.

. . .. . . . .

I kid you not, its a hell hole.

Where I now live the teenagers binge drink and try to cause trouble and harass and bully the neighborhood, only these days they are violent with it.

Hope your right about Sharia Law . . . . but most of your post talks about how the mob has taken over. So assuming that a Moslem Mob can or will impose Sharia Law has a "Noodle Loose" ? That kind of thinking or talking (ie. it will never happen) usually precedes something like that happening. See all the U-tubes on the Moslems taking over the streets to pray, in clear violation of the law? Christians turn the cheek, Moslems kill the infidels. Scary sh*t.

She must really be bored, cant she think of a better prank than that? I mean if you are going to be a prankster, you might as well do it right. I aint a prankster by any means but if I was, I would atleast do a prank that I would get some sort of amusement from.

We had a rash of those one summer... I caught a perfect face-shot of one of the perps as he turned to run away from ringing my door.

I recognized him... he lives around the other side of the block.

He only did it once, so I let it go... if he'd made a habit of it, I would have had a rather pointed chat with his father... then with the lad himself if the "dad conference" didn't remedy matters.

We had a rash of those one summer... I caught a perfect face-shot of one of the perps as he turned to run away from ringing my door.

I recognized him... he lives around the other side of the block.

He only did it once, so I let it go... if he'd made a habit of it, I would have had a rather pointed chat with his father... then with the lad himself if the "dad conference" didn't remedy matters.

TMy point was if a child does it once forget it it's a prank, but when there is a huge mob of potentially violent teens milling around outside your house, and a teen does it, it's no longer a childish prank. Anyway if they do it repeatedly save up the images and go straight to police. What a shock they will have when police tun up with pictures of all those time they thought they had got away with it.

TMy point was if a child does it once forget it it's a prank, but when there is a huge mob of potentially violent teens milling around outside your house, and a teen does it, it's no longer a childish prank. Anyway if they do it repeatedly save up the images and go straight to police. What a shock they will have when police tun up with pictures of all those time they thought they had got away with it.

Do you guys have machetes there, for weeding?

If so, walk around your yard with it, do the odd fake weed, and then chap a tree or two, just look crazy enough to scare them away.

If they were 18 I would say walk up the biggest meanest one of the lot and knock their clock off.

Do you guys have machetes there, for weeding?

If so, walk around your yard with it, do the odd fake weed, and then chap a tree or two, just look crazy enough to scare them away.

If they were 18 I would say walk up the biggest meanest one of the lot and knock their clock off.

Hey Rory, what's with the new avatar? That blinking light is pretty distracting

My dad always taught me, when outnumbered to pick a fight with the biggest meanest looking one.

For one thing, nobody will want to fight you because they will think you are CRAZY and for another

I always used to fight harder when I was scared.

I am too old and too weak for that sort of thing nowadays, and I prefer not to be stabbed in the back

by these youths today who don't care about fair fighting. I also do not want trouble with police as they

seem to come down HARDER on those that take the law into their own hands than on the criminals or

troublemakers.

NO, I think this time I will leave this to police, they cannot fail to deal with it as I have handed this to them On-a-PLATE!

I could never use a dog as a weapon even though I am a former owner of Giant Schnauzers.

The consequences of a dog biting are too severe on the dog, that would not be fair>

I have my doorbell hooked up to my alarm and my dvr, it takes a snapshot and emails it to me when somebody presses it.

th_Camera029-1.jpgth_Camera028-1.jpgth_Camera027-1.jpgth_Camera026-1.jpgth_Camera025-1.jpg

th_Camera024-1.jpgth_Camera023-1.jpgth_Camera022-1.jpgth_Camera021-1.jpgth_Camera02-1.jpg

I have my doorbell hooked up to my alarm and my dvr, it takes a snapshot and emails it to me when somebody presses it.

Is that a NewEgg box?

Lots of photos

You have a lot of people visiting your property... I'd be amazed if I've had that many people over the past 2 years.

You have a lot of people visiting your property... I'd be amazed if I've had that many people over the past 2 years.

I know .. and a cop as well ..!!

Is that a NewEgg box?

Yup, I get a lot of new egg boxes!

Ya, the dogs figured out how to set off the alarm while we were at work one day, the good news was they showed up in about 5 min. after the alarm went off.

I was surprised at the amount of activity that happens in a neighborhood we you are not home, I keep my cameras recording 24/7 and I see people all the time.

Hey! That was all a big misunderstanding... she swore she was 18 when we was at the bar...