MetzLyov

American Dynamics Equipment

I like the Sensormatic Ultra Day/Night Domes, other than that it is too pricey for what you get.

scottj

When I worked for Target (security) all we had was American Dynamics. The Speeddome Ultra VII is an awsome PTZ, but our outdoor PTZs must have been the same as our indoor, cause night images were very grainy and dark. I'd always need to open the iris big time to see anything.

Overall, I like the brand.

Well, I love their DM series Stand Alones, don't like the new intellix series PC based. Too bad they got discontinued.

Herm, I know what you mean... Their DM series was good, but they realized that they have too many problems with these units, since they had someone making them in China... With all the marketing effort, they sold near 10,000 units, but then shut everything down realizing some very serious problems with the product.

I know that this type of product will not come back from them again.

As for their rest of the product line, it is fairly good. They had some very serious problems with their 3.0 and 3.1 series of Intellex system - major problems with power supplies shutting down due to some engineering flop on calculation on size of the power supply, chosing Maxtor hard drives that were frying faster than normal, motherboard problems, etc...

With their latest 3.2 version, they did much better job on selection of all the component and most importantly, changed the hard drive manufacturer to Westerd Digital... Right now, we have less than 1% failure rate vs. over 50% fairlure rates before..

Their MegaPower switchers and UltraDome lines are solid. Do not care for their TouchTrakers, as they fail after a year of use...

Levon