naru

Convinent store Best Camera advise

Hi ,

Can someone advise me the best setup for retail / c-store camera setup. The best result with easy retrival with remote access.

Appreciate ..your time ...thanks in advance.

Regards;

Naru

Sure... do you want the $200 option or the $20,000 option?

The question is far too vague:

What size store?

How many cameras?

What are your areas of concern (paypoint, retail aisles, etc.)?

What sort of incidents are you worried about (retail theft, employee theft, robbery, etc.)?

What is the layout?

And most importantly, what is the budget?

Hi Bondy

thanks for your revert ..area approx 1500 to 2000 sqft, with in side & out side parking lot minimum 45 to 50 cameras depends upon the area (should cover all most all corners inside & outside) budget is not the constraint..as would like the best solution in all aspects as far as security in terms of theft etc.

do let me know if u need more details , this is general requirement considering normal market trend in c-store

Holy crap, 45-50 cameras is insane, especially for a store that small. We do 6000 square foot restaurants with less than half that.

You say budget is not a constraint now, but you do realize that to really do a GOOD job of it, and get the level of coverage you're after, you're looking at probably $10,000+, right? We're talking PROFESSIONAL cameras, mind you, not the $30 junk you get off fleaBay...

yes , my mistake its probably 10000 may be more including parking lot and drive in area.

"The best" will depend on a lot of factors - layout, lighting, construction, obstructions, etc. It's impossible to give any *useful* advice without at least a floor plan.

I am not asking this for specific , this is in general for any c-store. What are the prefered system which can give best result , easy retrival , remote access good life etc.

I am not asking this for specific , this is in general for any c-store. What are the prefered system which can give best result , easy retrival , remote access good life etc.

Hi naru. it would be best for you to give what your buget is. its ok asking what are prefered systems .... it just there is a massive gap in prices.

are you looking for standard / ip / hybrid .

"Preferred system" almost always comes down to budget, like Tom says.

To generalize: we use 3xLogic Vigil PC-based hybrid systems almost exclusively, working largely with retail and food services (gas stations, C-stores, restaurants and pubs). MSRP on these is in the $3500-$4500 range depending on form factor, channels and extended features selected.

For analog cameras, we usually use the CNB VCM-24VF unless the client specifies otherwise (one fuel chain is fixated on Pelco) - they're extremely versatile, with excellent low-light support, true-day/night function, 2.8-10.5mm lens, flexible mounting options (flush or surface mounting), IP66-rated so they're good for outdoor, dual-voltage so they can be used with 12VDC or 24VAC, and are easy to aim almost any way you can imagine with a solid three-axis gimbal. Not sure what MSRP is, I think it's around $300, although you can find them online for about half that (beware buying from unauthorized resellers though).

For harsh backlighting, we use the Panasonic SuperDynamic cameras - WV-CW484 (SDIII) or WV-CW504 (SD5). Expect these to retail in the $800-$1000 range.

For IP cameras, we've used IQEye and Arecont cameras in the past, and are currently using (and really liking) the 3xLogic Visix line of box and dome cameras. Prices range across the $500-$1000 spectrum.

For IP installs, I like the Cisco/Linksys SFE-1000P switch - eight 10/100 PoE ports and two GbE/miniGBIC combo gigabit ports, half-width 1U, fanless, and been solid handling some pretty hefty traffic. They retail for about $300.

These are by no means definitive choices - everyone has their own preferences for brands and models - but this is what we use most of the time. You can see how the budget can become a concern for some, as you can very quickly reach the $10,000+ region once you add in installation costs.

That more helpful?

“For harsh backlighting, we use the Panasonic SuperDynamic cameras - WV-CW484 (SDIII) or WV-CW504 (SD5). Expect these to retail in the $800-$1000 range.”

Soundy, have you had the opportunity to compare the CNB Blue-i against those Panasonic cameras.

Hi ,

Dose this includes Licence plate view , what is suggested option for viewing licence plates

Thanks u all for such a valuable knowledge

hello experts , can any one suggest economical solution includes licence plates too as a part of it